Chapter 63: I'm Selfish.

"Where are you going? Aren't you going to wait for the surgery to be over?" Wag followed me as I climbed up the latter that led out of the underground house.

"I just need to get out of here. Just for a little while."
I finally breathed fresh oxygen when I climbed out of the hole. I already knew where I wanted to go.

"May I ask why? You seem awfully upset about something. Even more so than before you saw Tom..." Wag climbed out too and continued to follow me towards my destination.

"I'll tell you later. Right now I just need to get as far away as possible."

I finally reached the lake near Toms house, and sat down in the fresh wet grass.
I took deep breaths as I stared at the setting sun.
Wag sat beside of me, his hooded face looked to the sunset as well.

"So...now will you explain what is wrong to me?"

"No...I'm being selfish Wag. I keep thinking about myself more than the people around me..." I paused for a moment and began to pick at the wet grass.
I sighed and continued. "I'm being selfish to you, I don't even talk to you unless I need something...How has your week been?"

He laughed bitterly and picked up a stone that was nearby on the grass. "Do you really want to hear that? I've had a pretty horrible week myself." He threw the rock, and it landed in the blue waters far away.

"Tell me, I wanna help out. It couldn't be that bad." I removed my shades and put them in my pocket.

"Let's see...I watched the only girl I've ever had affections for get married...I've caused my friend to get hurt because I am weak...and I haven't slept for more than an hour all week. But I shouldn't complain, you've had a worse few days than I."

"Wait...what? WHAT? Wag you're in love with Martha?!" I stared at him in shock.

"Shush! You never know who's listening nowadays...yes, I love her. But she is not a free woman anymore. She belongs to another...I might as well get over it." His tone was bitter and sad.

"Wag...why didn't you object at the wedding? Why didn't you tell her?"

"Steve would have beaten me to a pulp...she would not have cared anyway. She loves him, she would not dare love a useless wizard as me..." He sighed depressingly.

"Wag, you aren't useless. You're a great wizard, you've saved our lives countless times with your magic. You should tell her how you feel when she gets back. I'm sure she'll understand."

"Doubtful, but I suppose it is worth a try. Now will you tell me what is troubling you?"

"Yeah...Wag, he's really hanging on by a thread. I could tell by Champ and Decs behavior that they were doubtful he was going to live. He's going to die...I don't know what to do."

"You don't know that. You must be hopeful in these situations, or they'll consume you Jordan." The sun had disappeared now. The night sky was all that was left of it. I stared at the stars, remembering all the different constellations. I could name them all if I put my mind to it.

"I wish I could see the future...don't you?"

"Indeed, it would be an incredible power to have. Maybe...Lady Ianite could assist you in that."

"I don't think she can see the future...I think she would have done that by now."

Moments of silence passed, and a new voice intruded in our conversation.

"What makes you think I cannot see the future? I can see mortal's futures, and I can certainly see yours Jordan. I can show you, if you'd like." Lady Ianite sat on the other side of me, her violet eyes staring at the stars.

"Told you so..." Wag sang as he threw another rock in the lake.

"How come you've never told me?
And where the heck did you come from?"

"I was just in the neighborhood. And sometimes the future isn't always what you wish it to be, and that scares lots of people. It could be beautiful...or it could be grave. Do you really wish to see it?"
She held out her hand, and I hesitated a moment.

What if Tom was gone in my future?

What if I was a lonely old man still living in this dimension, with nobody to love? What if I was dead?

Only one way to find out I guess.

I took Ianites soft hand, and it began.
~~~~~~
Hey guys! I might be doing another Q and A soon, probably today or tomorrow!

I think it will be the last one in this book, so give me good questions!

I'll post something up later where you can ask questions on that so I'll have your answers up by tomorrow!

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, leave a favorite if you did! Thanks!

- Lee