V5-P2: The plays of the Sports Festival

POV: Kiyotaka

Currently, October 10th, the day of the Sports Festival.

Four days ago was Torikachi's birthday. We all have a good time from that moment, and Torikachi even sneezed after our party, showing that he's quite happy when everyone made a surprise party for him. (Umm... you guys wanna have a SS of this?)

Even I decided to join it because he asked me to. I genuinely had a good time there.

Now, the Festival has begun,

How much strength should I go for this event?

*time skip

Sudou is the first one to do the 100-meter dash. There's no need to say that Sudou's victory is set in stone, but the so-called Professor (Sotomura) got last.

For the second group, Koenji was supposed to be there but decided not to. Sudou was angry about it but couldn't do anything. Koenji got disqualified immediately.

Third group, Hirata and I. When both of us got ready in the field, I couldn't help but envy Hirata's popularity from the girls' eyes.

"Let's do this, Ayanokouji-kun." Hirata said.

They cheered him, they screamed hoping Hirata to win.

As the race starts, I give myself a boost for a headstart, then adjust my speed to match the pace with fourth and sixth place.

As a result, Hirata got first place, while I got fifth.

POV: Torikachi

The Festival has begun, and we started off with game 1: 100-meter dash.

I happened to pair with Yukimura right after Kiyotaka's group. Kiyotaka still wanted to be under the radar after all of this, huh...

"Let us do our best then, Yukimura." I encourage him.

"I hope so, Torikachi." He replied. "I'm not really good in terms of sports, I mean."

I then heard some girls in the background cheering me on, even though they are strangers to me, mostly senpais. I guess this is the result of getting 'too' popular in the school.

'This is a little bit troublesome.' I sighed as I waved back at them with a smile.

"KYAHHHHH!!!!!!" Their screamings could be heard by the megaphone to register.

"Don't worry about it, Yukimura," I said as I scan my surroundings. "With these people, I could get 2nd or 3rd place easily. I need to save my energy for next events too."

"And I know you could do it, Yukimura. I'm not blaming you for not having much physical ability." I continued.

"I supposed so." Replied Yukimura with a sigh. "It's quite tough being too popular in the school, huh?"

"It's quite troublesome, I just happened to play the piano out of the ordinary." I know that my sudden popularity came from my piano plays, and rumors kept on pestering me non-stop.

Ryuko even pouted at me for my sudden popularity too. What a wonderful sight back then.

"Well, it's unexpected that you said that you aren't the prodigy, but there are too many rumors about it that made me sometimes believe it was true." Replied Yukimura.

"I could neither confirm nor deny this information, Yukimura," I replied. "Let us prepare for the race, shall we? I'm sure our training will be worth it."

I already know about how Ryuuen set up his class's participation table. That was probably the reason why I held back during our training. The spies annoyed me a lot.