Chapter 06 - The spies of Saruman and the pass of Caradhras

Next day, they arrived to a mountain range full of rocks and bushes. Livia walked with Legolas but she kept looking behind towards the hobbits. She smiled at Sam as he petted the horse, Bill.

"We must hold to this course, west of the Misty Mountains, for 40 days." Gandalf said reaching the top of a mountain.

"If our luck holds, the Gap of Rohan will still be open to us. From there, our road turns east to Mordor." Gandalf said and they rested there. Livia politely refused Sam's food but finally agreed seeing the fruits he gave her. She ate the fruits and went to Legolas joining him to watch the surrounding.

"Two, one, five. Good! Very good." Livia heard Boromir teaching pippin and merry sword fighting. She looked at them and she can see Boromir is a good man even though he cannot refuse the ring's will. She heard Legolas shifting towards the other side. So, she turned with him to see what it was. Livia heard the others talking but she wasn't focusing on it. She focused on sounds to the front. There was a black wisp of the sky.

"What is that?" Livia heard Sam asking behind her.

"Nothing, just a wisp of clouds." Gimli said and Livia could not hear what the others were saying as she was focusing on figuring them out. She looked over to Legolas with wide eyes as she realized what they were. He was doing the same.

"Crebain from Dunland." Legolas yelled.

"Hide." Aragorn screamed as he helped merry and pippin to go to a hiding place. Livia quickly grabbed her weapons and a bag nearby trying to find a hiding place when suddenly a firm hand grabbed her from her wrist and waist and pulled her down a rock. Livia looked over to see who it was even though she already knew the answer. She knew this familiar embrace and scent. The scent of woods and trees. Legolas. They waited there until the screeches faded to come out.

Livia and Legolas came out and Aragorn looked at them weirdly. Then, Aragorn looked at their interwined hands. They both blushed and quickly let them go while not making eye contact. Livia saw Aragorn laughing which earned a death glare from her. Seeing that he quickly shut up and went to the other members. Legolas looked at her.

"I thank you." Livia said looking at him.

"You are Welcome, Liv." He said with a smile. Livia loved the way how he calls her Liv. She quickly walked to him and gave him a kiss on cheek. She then walked to the others, leaving Legolas shocked. He got over it and walked towards the others quickly.

"Spies of Saruman. The passage south is being watched. We must take the pass of Caradhras." Gandalf said looking at the icy mountains which was very similar to the color of Livia's snowy hair. 

***************

They walked on the ice. For her and Legolas, it was not hard. They are more adjusted to weather than any other and are lighter than any other. So, this was very easy for them. Legolas walked at the front as Livia walked at the bottom. She mainly came here to help anyone who need it. Frodo who was standing near Gandalf suddenly fell. Livia hurried to catch him but before her Aragorn caught him. Thank the Vallar. Livia suddenly drew a heavy breath as she saw Boromir lift the ring which had been out of Frodo's neck.

"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." He said trying to touch the ring.

"Such a little thing." He said in a whisper which Livia can hear with her elf ears. He brought his hand closer to the ring.

"Boromir" Livia called but he did not look like he's hearing.

"Boromir." Aragorn yelled and Boromir snapped out of it.