Chapter 12 - Leaving Lothlorien

At night, Livia awoke again seeing the nasty images through her mind. Her eyes red from crying. She looked around to see where she was and she saw Legolas sleeping near her. She did not want to go to sleep. She kept her eyes open as she lay on the place where she slept. After some time, she again closed her eyes but did not slept. She was afraid that her nightmares will haunt her in her sleep.

*****************

Next day, they readied to leave Lothlorien. They have to get to the darkness of Mordor as fast as they can. Livia was packing her medicine. She also took her twin swords which now had been cleaned and sharpened. She gave her bow to Aragorn saying that he will need it more than her. She went to take the bags which were filled by Lembas when a nasty voice filled her mind.

"Join me!" a pain shot from her head. She gripped her head with her two hands and nearly fell backwards.

"Are you okay?" Livia realized that the person that had caught her was Aragorn. Her pain slowly disappeared. She got out of Aragorn's arms gently and looked into his eyes which looked worried.

"Yes, yes, Of... of course. Just... just tired, I think." She said looking everywhere but Aragorn's eyes. Aragorn raised his eyebrows. Livia never stuttered but only when she was lying or afraid. Aragorn loved her as his own sister. So, Aragorn knew about Livia. She was lying. He could see it in her eyes and that worried him. Livia always tell the truth. Then, lord Celeborn called all of the fellowship to meet their crew. Livia quickly took the Lembas bread bags and put them on the boats. Then, she went to the fellowship avoiding Aragorn's questioning eyes. The elves of Lorien came near the fellowship with cloaks on their hands. Lord Celeborn put on Aragorn's back while Lady Galadriel did that to Livia.

"Be careful, Liv. There are many dangers on the quest you are taking." Lady Galadriel said as Lord Celeborn spoke to the others. She was afraid for her granddaughter. Livia was not little now. She is in an age to take care of herself but to Lady Galadriel, Livia will always be the little elfling that embraced her legs when her brothers tried to catch her for pranking them.

"I will, grandmother." Livia said. Galadriel raised Livia's chin and kissed her forehead. Something she always did to Livia and Arwen to calm themselves. Feeling this, Livia relaxed. After that, Lady Galadriel went to Legolas and took a bow from an elf behind.

"My gift for you Legolas, is the bow of Galadhrim. Worthy of the skills of our woodland kin." Legolas took the bow and stared at it amazed. It was until Lady Galadriel spoke to him in mind.

"Protect her, Legolas." Lady Galadriel said looking at my direction. Legolas looked too. Then, turned to Lady Galadriel.

"Do not worry. My lady. I will." Legolas said. Hearing this, Livia looked at Lady Galadriel.

"Grandmother!" Livia whined as a small child which caused Galadriel to smile. Then, she moved to Livia.

"For you, Livia, my gift is the bow of starlight. It is worthy of our Lorien skill." Lady Galadriel said giving her a bow that looked like a part of a star. It shined with a mix of the colors grey and white. It was embraided by elvish letters.

"Hannon le, grandmother." Then, she moved passing her to Merry and Pippin. She gave them the daggers of Noldorin. They took them and opened them amazed.

"These are the daggers of Noldorin. They have already seen service in war. Do not fear, young, Peregrin Took. You will find your courage." Lady Galadriel added seeing Pippin's face which was covered by fear. She then went to Sam.

"And for you, Samwise Gamgee, Elven rope made of hithlain." She said holding shining rope in front of Sam.

"Thank you, My lady. Have you run out of those nice, shiny daggers?" he asked which made both Galadriel and Livia smile. Lady Galadriel then went to Gimli.

"And what would a dwarf ask of the elves?" she asked.

"Nothing. Except to look upon the lady of the Galadhrim one last time for she is more fair than all the jewels beneath the earth." He said looking at Lady Galadriel's face which caused her to laugh. Then, Gimli turned away, almost. He turned to look at her one more time.

"Actually, There was one thing." He said.

"No, no. I couldn't. it's quite impossible." Lady Galadriel smiled knowingly and went in the other direction disappearing only to appear with a beautiful looking box in her hands. She gave it to Gimli who took it as the most precious jewel on the Middle-Earth. Maybe, the friendship between elves and dwarves will blossom for the greater good.

Then, Lady Galadriel went to Boromir. She gave him a belt of gold which represent the honor of men to which Boromir genuinely thanked.

Next, lady Galadriel went to Frodo.

"Farawell, Frodo Baggins. I give you the light of Earendil, our most beloved star." She said and Frodo looked at her, more than happy with what she gave her. Then, Lady Galadriel bent down and kissed Frodo's forehead.

"Protect it. It will help you." Lady Galadriel whispered into his ear indicating for Livia's necklace that was on his shoulders. "May it be a light in dark places." She said. For once, Frodo was not sure that either she was talking about the star or the necklace.

He nodded. After that, she went to Aragorn and talked with him. But Livia could not hear it.

Livia went, following Nerial, a she-elf of Lothlorien to get arrows for her bow. After she took what she needed, Livia went back to the fellowship saying Nerial faraway as she was a friend of Livia's. 

Then, the fellowship departed from Lothlorien.