Chapter 24 • "I'm scared"

Chen Yuzhi was in the examiner room where Jiang Yuelou was running behind strengthening the hospital security.

"Yuzhi... The other kids are fine. Just like you diagnosed... they only have weakness due to starving and not getting enough sunlight. They will be okay."

Yuzhi's friend who was the owner and the head doctor of this mini-hospital told him.

"Thank you so much, Li Fei. If you haven't helped us. I don't k ow where to take these kids."

"Aiyaa... We are doctors who are sworn to save lives. I am doing my duty. Leave it. How is that boy doing?"

"He will be conscious by evening, I suppose."

"I have collected their blood samples. Since we have a lab here, we can check it with all secrecy. We can find what was happening to them."

Li Fei smiled at Yuzhi assuring and so did Yuzhi.

.

.

.

At the same time in an apartment near the hospital building, Pangzi, Xiao Hua and Yanjing were sitting around the tea-table. The three were sitting on the edge of their chairs as if they were expecting something to happen. Even though the air cooler was on, they were sweating as if they were in the Thar desert.

"Argh... I can't. I guess I'll die out of nervousness." Pangzi said pulling his hair.

"Don't you dare die on me?" Yanjing yelled in tiny. "If you want to die then tell me beforehand. I'll have to run."

"Scaredy cats." Xiao Hua muttered but it was fairly audible for the other trembling two to hear.

"What!? Can you manage him alone? No right? Then you're not better than us, Hua'er." Yanjing said making a displeasing face.

Xiao Hua didn't say anything as he know what Yanjing said was right. His heart too was beating fast. But for him, it was fright but worry.

"How many hours has it been? Why he isn't waking up?" Pangzi asked again in distress.

"That's right. By this time the drug Dr. Yuzhi gave should be worn off."

All three of them looked over the room at the far end of the hall. Suddenly, like lighting hit, a realization hit Xiao Hau. He sprinted towards the room in a flash.

That's when the other two thought that possibility. "Shit."

Without wasting a second Xiao Hua opened the door with a bang.

"WUXIE GET DOWN."

The scene before him was as Xiao Hua expected. Wuxie was climbing the window to escape.

As Wuxie saw the three, he hurried out through the window landing on the pane. He looked down for a safe place to jump. Since the apartment was just on the second floor, it wasn't anything dangerous. But before Wuxie could jump, Pangzi grabbed from behind and pulled him in.

Wuxie tried to get out of the grab. He struggled. Yanjing also joined Pangzi.

With his upper body inside the room and legs outside, Wuxie was already at a great disadvantage.

"Pangzi let me go. Let. Me. Go."

"Calm down Wuxie. You've just woke up and what are you doing?" Pangzi yelled.

This time the friend or a father side of him was clearly showing. I mean it's no more a secret that Wang Pangzi has a soft side for Wuxie.

"Let's talk Wuxie. Stop struggling. He will be back, trust me. I know. His skills are not a joke, Wuxie. Don't worry." Yanjing tried to comfort Wuxie.