Chapter 12 • My Return Gift

Chapter 12

November 17, 2020, 12 PM

The bar wasn't opened yet. Kylin and Wuxie were alone and Kylin prepare him a drink. It was the same martini, which now Wuxie was kind of addicted to. Wuxie sat on the high chair at the counter and Kylin served him the drink.

"Woah... just seeing it I'm falling in now. Xiao ge you are amazing." Wuxie took the glass with a loud smile on his face.

Wuxie raised the glass and smelled it.

"Aah... It smells so strong. So good."

Wuxie didn't wait and took the first sip. He was enjoying the drink and kept complimenting the drink and drink maker. Kylin, on the other hand just stood there listening to Wuxie's waffling. Well, a slight smile could be seen on his face. But still so hard to find it.

"Xiao ge..." Wuxie put the half-finished glass down.

Kylin didn't answer but he was looking at Wuxie. But Wuxie wasn't satisfied.

"Xiao ge~~~" He called Kylin again this time oscillating the last syllable long.

"That wasn't alcohol."

Wuxie was taken back by Kylin's reply.

"I'm not drunk. I wanted some kind of reaction."

"I was looking at you, already."

"That's not enough. How am I supposed to know you are paying attention? You may be spacing out."

Wuxie didn't realize but he was pouting and whining like a little kid who wanted attention from his favorite person. But Kylin's next reply made a 180-degree shift in his expression.

"You always have my attention."

Wuxie's ear tip and cheeks heated up. His heartbeat got fast. Suddenly he felt so hot. He looked at Kylin in a daze. What was that? Why is that sentence having this kind of effect on me? Don't tell me I am blushing. How embarrassing.

"What?" Kylin asked seeing 'Wuxie.jpeg' in front of him. Wuxie diverted his eyes around and then he abruptly stood up. He fake-coughed, laughed, he rubbed his nape tensely, he was unsteady -Wuxie was looking like a drunker right now.

"What's wrong?" Kylin asked again noticing the uneasiness Wuxie having.

"Xiao ge, are sure the drink didn't contain alcohol?" Wuxie asked looking down, still hands on his nape.

"Yes."

"Is it? Ha-ha... Well... It's so hot here, maybe because the AC isn't on" Wuxie tried to make lame excuses to hide his tomato cheeks.

"You were sitting under the fan," Kylin commented.

Stupid fan. Why you were on. Wuxie raged looking at the face just above his head.

"What was it you want to say?" Kylin asked.

What was it? I forgot. I forgot. Wuxie's internal struggle was no joke.

"Well... Its..." Think Wuxie...Think. "I... I..." Dammit. Why can't I think of something? AH!

"The recipe. Yes. I also want to learn how to make drinks." Yes.

Kylin was surprised to hear it because he didn't expect it at all. But for him, that request wasn't hard.

"Yes. Come to this side." Kylin said.

Thunderstruck.

Did I just dig my own grave? How can I get near him now? He will see. Wuxie... Wuxie... How can you act like a teenage girl at this age?