Chapter 14 • You broke me

Before you read... Sorry in advance.

😐

November 18, 2020, 6 AM

When Wuxie woke up he found himself wrapped in the comfy blanket. He was satisfied with the morning welcome. Wuxie got up from the couch and walked inside the bathroom. After brushing his teeth Wuxie followed the strong aroma coming from the kitchen.

Kylin was still there making coffee. Wuxie stood by the kitchen counter, watching Kylin with a smile. It wasn't a sweet one. Wuxie's heart was weighed down. His smile was bitter. When Kylin tuned he finally saw Wuxie standing there. Without saying anything Kylin poured the coffee into two cups. He brought it over and put it before him.

"Drink."

Wuxie happily picked up the cup and blew it before sipping. He gasped drinking the coffee.

"Why is it so good?" Wuxie said in a low voice. God doesn't make me miss all this. But God has some other plans, unknown to both.

"Xiao ge... Can I ask something?"

"Yes."

"Do you wear dark color clothes?"

"Dark color?"

"Yes. You know, maybe black and different shades."

Wuxie couldn't ask Kylin directly. So he chooses to grab the nose in an indirect way.

"Before coming here, I had dark color clothes only. Hei ye made me wear the lights colors so that I could use to the white uniform."

"Oh? Is that so? So, you no longer wear them?"

"I don't have any."

Kylin understood the reason behind Wuxie's sudden interest in his dress. Truth to be said, Kylin would have confessed to Wuxie by now. It was hard for him to live with a heart with a grudge. That's not what Fo ye taught him. But he forgot all of these when he saw the lifeless body of his two brothers.

Then what made him change his mind? One, he had already eliminated everyone he knows behind his brothers' death. Two, Sam Lin.

Kylin never regretted killing him. But Sam Lin was different from the others. He was trapped and forced. When Kylin stood before him with the sword, the only this he begged for was his daughter's life. 'Don't let my daughter suffer'. That was what he asked for. Kylin, who isn't a cold-blooded killer, was ready to let him live. But the other refused. 'I deserve it. Kill me. Now only death can ease my mind. I have sinned and I don't deserve to live. Please kill me, was his plea. That's how Kylin killed him. It wasn't a murder; it was a release from his sins.

From that day, Kylin started having a double thoughts. All of those sinners, he can give them death. But the real suffering for what they did is not death. They should be punished, brought before the law, and let rot in jail. Kylin was incapable of doing it. But Wuxie could do it. And that's what Kylin wants now.

But there were now people who don't want to see him suffer. So Kylin couldn't risk telling Wuxie the truth. He doesn't fear Wuxie, but still.

Wuxie was upset hearing Kylin. He was lying. He still has black clothes. Why would he hide them? Wuxie was aware of the truth but still refused to accept it.

"I have one. I wear them now and then."

Kylin said. It was true. Half-truth. He was passing the ball to Wuxie's court. Now it was on him. How to carry the conversation. Kylin was waiting for Wuxie to confront him. Ask him about the CCTV footage.