Chapter 42

NEELAM'S POV
One more hour and we would have reached Broadstairs. Throughout the journey I couldn't stop myself to think about all those years that I spent with Aryan. It was crazy how things had turned out, the way we reached a stability in our life that we were planning our wedding. The more I think, it was hard to believe how a girl like me, who never wanted to be attached and love someone could eveb think of someone else other than Aryan, it had to be him. I was content after our engagement but as we were getting closer to our actual wedding I had many thoughts and emotions that I couldn't stop myself to think about my friend.

Why would Sukhi think about it?

It had been hard without her, I might not showed or told anyone but I couldn't hide it from myself. I felt lost without her, touchwood life had been amazing and I was really happy with Aryan but I didn't have anyone to share that happiness with. I felt her absence even more when me and Aryan decided to move to India for a couple of years. Now, that's another story that I should tell you. Still, can't believe what we've been through.

FLASHBACK
5 years ago..
"M'am, may I see one more time your Visa and documents?" I was stopped at the security check at the airport, this was my first time in India and I was so anxious. Of course, I wasn't alone, I was travelling with Aryan. Aryan's father needed his help in their film production business and for once, I wanted Aryan to focus on his career since he'd always put me in his priorities and maybe that was also a nice opportunity for me to learn more about Aryan while staying with him and his family.

"So are you ready to breathe Mumbai's fresh air?" Aryan woke me up from my thoughts "Yes, let's go. Let's see what's so special about your hometown that the whole time in the flight you couldn't stop smiling" I said and he laughed.

We both smiled at each other and as we were approaching to the exit, I heard a voice coming from behind saying "Hello Sir and M'am, welcome to India" I immediately turned around and got surprised by the look of that man. He seemed like a bodyguard, I was so confused as to why he was greeting us personally "Oh, here you are. I was looking for you" Aryan said to the man, I was surprised to know that Aryan knew that man. I kept looking at Aryan with lots of confusion in my eyes "Sir, please me help you with your luggage and follow me to the back door exit" even before I could say anything he took my handbag, at that point I was the only one lost, who didn't know why we were getting that VIP treatment.

Aryan held my hand "Neelam, don't worry. I know him, he's not a stranger. He's one of our bodyguards. Now let's go before we get attacked by the paparazzi" he said it without making it sound like a big deal. I mean, why would the paparazzi come after us? We didn't do anything illegal. I couldn't wrap my head around it...

"Wait! We are in India" I stopped Aryan who was in a hurry to get out of the airport and he sighed "Neelam, my love! Welcome to India, I am glad you realised it. Now, hurry up I don't want to deal with the paparazzi" he said and I laughed like an idiot before hurrying up to the car.

That moment everything made sense aa for me Aryan was just my boyfriend but for a second I forgot his family background, which was a big deal since we were talking about the Khan's.

I still remember the journey from the airport to the Khan's mansion, everything was so new to me. I had traveled around the world with my job but I could say Mumbai was different, so chaotic but yet I could feel the warmth of the city. I kept looking outside the window and I couldn't stop myself to look forward to explore the culture and to work with people there, as on the reason I came here was to open an hair salon while Aryan would've been busy with his company's work.

When we arrived at the Khan's mansion, we were given a big and warm welcome by Aryan's family and some of his close friends were also there. I still remember that incident, which was funny and scary and the same time, when we had just arrived at Aryan's parents house and I got a message from my mum saying: