Chapter 39

SUKHI'S POV
"Aarav!! Get Up, you will be late again" I called him while tapping his back "Don't you remember the promise?" I asked him, he groaned "Mommy five more minutes" he said pulling the duvet around his little body and I sighed "I guess, I will have to use the Plan B" I whispered quite loud for him to hear it.

I smirked and slowly pulled his duvet away "Aarav" I called him with a playful tone, he groaned again but this time screamed when I started tickling him.

"Ahaha..Mom..aha..Stop..ple..Mom" he yelled laughing hard "What's going on here? Playing without me? That's not fair" we heard Arjun behind us and within a minute he joined us. Aarav took the first pillow he saw and hit Arjun. "Pumpkinhead, wrong move" Arjun said and started hitting each other laughing loudly and I sat there with a stone on my heart. I wish he was here.

What would have happened if he was here? Would he have played with Aarav too? We would be here playing like a happy family. I wish nothing would have happened then.

Just I was thinking a soft and fluffy thing came on my direction and hit me making come back to reality. I looked at them, who were looking me mischievously. "All right, you wanted a fight? Now I will fulfill your wish" I took the same pillow and started to playfully hit them. That's how we ended up cleaning all feathers all over the room and ourselves.

After cleaning the mess, I went to in the kitchen to prepare the breakfast. "Good morning, dear" Arjun's mum greeted me with a smile helping Aarav to sit on his seat. "Good morning, mum. Did you take your medicine? You have to take them before eating" I reminded her while cooking pancakes. "Oh dear, I forgot. What would I do without you?" she said laughing "I will take care of granny's medicine, mommy" Aarav spoke up "Thanks, my knight" mum told him caressing his hair. "The messy boss is here" I said looking at Arjun fixing his tie "Thank god that you're my friend otherwise I would have already fired you" he said taking place in the dining table with his plate and I rolled my eyes. "I want pancakes, Mommy" I heard Aarav "Coming!" I said while putting the warm dish on the plate and making a smiley face on it with syrup. "Eat fast otherwise you'll be late" I warned him giving him the plate "Thanks, Mommy. I wonder why we children have to go to school" he started "Don't start again with this topic, school is important and if you don't want to go, I will force you" I told him and he rolled his eyes "You are not even able to kill a mosquito, Mommy" he mumbled and Arjun gave him a high five "Well, no more pancakes for you guys from now on" I told them giving the breakfast to mum "Thank You, dear" the lady laughed and I winked, finally sitting to eat. "Today I am going to drop this boy to school" Arjun said filling the cup of warm tea and giving then to me "Thanks, Arjun" I thanked him "Don't go to work, wait for me, I will drop you" he finally said and I nodded knowing that he had something serious to talk.

I started doing the dishes when everyone finished eating. "Mommy, I am going to school" Aarav said pulling my shirt, so I quickly wiped my hands with a white towel and kneeled down to reach his height. "Be a good boy, don't get in troubles and take care. Mommy loves you so much" I said fixing his hair and kissing his forehead, which he complained a little "Okay, Aarav loves you too but if you want me to behave at school, you will have to cook me pizza" he said winking and I smiled. "Deal, now go. Have a good day" I got up and he winked then run away.

I was waiting for Arjun to come back from school when I heard mum calling me on the other side of the door. "I am in the bedroom, come in" I told her adjusting my shirt in the jeans, leaving my hair down and put a small amount of make-up. She entered. "Who can tell you that you're a woman with a child?" mum asked sitting on the bed and I laughed "Well, same goes to you, mother" I said while sitting next her putting my head on her shoulder. "Is there something bothering you, dear?" mum asked me and I sighed "I've never thought being a mother would be that hard" I told her "Tell me something I don't know, Sukhi" she said sarcastically with a chuckle. "Mum, I really don't know what to do. I am really worried about Aarav, sometimes I feel like he's hiding something from me. Yesterday, I met his principal. He doesn't have many friends at school neither he wants to talk with anyone, when I try to speak with him he just walks away or change the topic. He's too young to hide pain" I said frustrated, not being able to help my son. I felt her hand tightened mine "Sukhi, don't worry. Did you try to talk with his friends?" she asked concerned "I did and failed" I replied to her with a pout "He's just a kid" mum said with her soft tone "That's the problem, he often tells the teacher and friends that one day he will find his dad. Where the hell I am going to get him his dad?" I said in the verge of crying "He's so much alike his father, sometimes it's just..hard" I continued looking at the ground. "I know we've already talked about it and I know, you don't want to. But I think he needs a dad, and you need someone too. Come on, you're not even that old, you are only twenty-four years old. Live like a girl of your age, you are still young and beautiful" she told me and I looked at her "I..I know he needs a dad but.. I can't. I know I am being selfish but I can't move on, I am not like the other girls anymore. I don't think even if I agree there will be someone willing to marry a single mother..But I really can't, it's just hard" I said closing my eyes not being able to explain.