. t h i r t e e n .

when taeyong told the kids about the real situation, they didn't cry. instead, the parents shed tears for the kids.

from the door, sungchan's eyes pierced right through another man next to his papa. he had seen the face from earlier in the day but observing his face closer was even more emotional for him. is this the dad my brothers were talking about? he thought.

and jaehyun had no idea how to start. it's his son in front of him now and he still couldn't utter a word. he could only stare in shock and admiration. the two boys he had been away from has grown into fine young boys.

it's shocking to see that the first time he comes face to face with sungchan is when he's already in the second half of childhood age.

taeyong decided to clear things up while they were still there and so he took his kids and ex husband in the living room to settle things down.

even he couldn't believe his eyes as he sees the other half of minhyung which was already right beside him the entire time.

"dad, papa, we're sorry we switched places. i just wanted to know dad and mark wanted to know you papa." said minhyung.

"we met at camp. we took each other's belongings and came to you as each other. we only recognized our faces and we planned to look exactly like each other now. we're sorr--"

mark didn't even get to finish his apology when taeyong cut them off with a hug. as taeyong's face was buried beside the twins' heads, he tried so hard to hide the tears from them as well. he didn't realize he was already crying but he couldn't help but get emotional as he sees his twins together for the very first time in 10 years. 

suddenly, he thinks it's all his fault. technically, jaehyun's. but they were both at fault for taking the twins apart for so long.

and all this time, it was the other half of the twin who came back to him disguised as minhyung. he was with mark the entire time. he couldn't believe his eyes.

they couldn't even distinguish which is which if it weren't for the change of clothes.

when he let go, he held both of their faces and studied their features one after the other. they are literally clones. he was sure minhyung was responsible for the change of hair color on mark as he recalls spotting a box of dye in minhyung's suitcase from camp. knowing jaehyun, he wouldn't allow such things. seeing them now, he knows minhyung did a perfect job in turning mark into him.

he didn't bother to hide his tears from them and smiled widely.

i can't believe they're both here. two of them. both here. both of them. he thought. "you look exactly alike." he whispered and planted a kiss on both their temples.

he turned to his other son, sungchan. he held his hand with one and fixed himself with the other. "sungchan-ah..."

sungchan only stared at him, already knowing what he was gonna say. "i'm sorry."

sungchan's hand traveled to his papa's face and smiled genuinely. "it's okay papa, i'll understand one day." he said.

taeyong still couldn't stop his tears. his son is so understanding. he wiped his tears and held his hands once again. "do you wanna go to your dad?" he asked slowly and jaehyun's heart started to thump so very loudly that he could almost hear it physically.

sungchan nodded and taeyong let him off the couch to walk towards his dad. jaehyun crouched down his level and admired his small face. he looks like taeyong. he thought.