. e i g h t e e n .

jaehyun was going mental when the news broke out. of course none of it was true. he called his managers, his handlers, he almost rushed to attack his management and the journalists responsible for the article. now taeyong's definitely going to take this as a misunderstanding. he thought.

he didn't know how his kid reacted to the news, he didn't even know if his son already knows. he worries about the reaction of his children back in seoul too. they would think different of him now if he doesn't tell them the truth soon. but how is he going to explain it without sounding like he wants to get back with taeyong?

he remembers how taeyong practically begged him to stay out of his life. it's his one wish from me. he thought. i don't wanna mess up his life and hurt him again. no matter how much i want it.

surely, taeyong would understand. now, he just doesn't know how to explain it to his children.

it wasn't surprising, to say the least, how his own son started sulking and avoiding him inside their home for a day. he figured that he already saw the article online. considering the measures they had to go through just to set him and taeyong up back in seoul, it's pretty clear how the kids wanted them to be back together. he could guess a hint how his two other children would react.

but it's not that easy. how would he even begin explaining something like this? how would he redeem himself to his children over something this big? sure, this is not even real in any way at all but if he were to to clear up this mess without sounding like he wants his ex-husband back, it would be really hard. 

maybe i should just come clean. he thinks deeply. admit to everything and tell taeyong i do want another chance? how could i even do that? he'd hate me for life.

he was going hysterical, for sure.

"sir jung?"

his train of endless thoughts were cut by a knock on his door. "your package arrived." he sighed and put his screen and papers down. he stood up and went out the living room.

he opened the signed package using his keys in one swift move and ripped the bubble wrap open. he cut the tapes from the carton and it revealed the black case. he opened it and took out the long neck and head of a natural wood-coloured acoustic guitar he got for mark. 

he smiled softly. i have a kickback. he thinks.

he took the big case and went straight to mark's room to try and talk to him, even bribe him.

just as he was going to open his son's door, he noticed it was ajar. his son was speaking inside but nobody was with him. he figured he was talking to someone over the phone.

"well dad would've figured i saw the article by now but he still hasn't talked to me about it. this is gonna completely ruin everything, mark."

"should we abort the plan now?"

"then i guess we let them figure out how we ended up in countries we're not supposed to be in. they know us by heart now, it's not that hard to figure out that we switched again."

oh yeah?

"oh you think i don't get bullies in school back in seoul too? rich kids could get really mean in seoul just so you know, mark."

very clever, my boys.

"alright, i guess i have to talk to dad sometime soon. take care of papa, makeu-yah, and sungchanie too. i'll see you soon, i guess?"

instead of barging into the room, jaehyun decided to retreat and put the guitar on the long couch. he sat down massaging his temples as he called for johnny. "can you get me my tea, please? thanks."