Chapter 38

"Suko na sa laban
                       Hindi tayo pwede :("

                 Hindi tayo pwede - The Juans

Athena POV

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday Athena!" They all sing as we begin to celebrate my birthday.

"Blow the cake already ma" Anton cheerfully said. I close my eyes and make a wish first, then finally blow the cake.

Everyone cheered as they hug me. Sandro stand still with a smile on his face.

"Sige na kain na mga anak" Lola said as we take some plates for us to eat. We all talk a lot of things while Anton's play with the kids at the side of the beach.

After eating and having a rest. Sandro excuse himself "excuse me samahan ko lang si Anton" He said as he stood up and follow our son.

I sit with lola and lolo in the kubo while eating, i stare at them while they run around the sea side. When suddenly, Lola sat beside me.

"Saya ng mag ama mo ah, ayaw mo bang sumali?" She asked. I turn around and face her.

"Mamaya na po siguro" I smile.

"Do you still have feelings for him?" She surprisingly asked.

"La, naman ih. Nanay ka nga talaga ni mama" I laughed, she smirk. "Just asking"

I brought myself to look at Sandro and Anton again. "This feelings will fade away pag nakaalis na po ako" I sadly said.

She held my hand and look me in the eyes. "Nak, stop chasing the person who doesn't give you attention the way you gave it to them" She sincerely said. It hits me through my heart. She's right, what she said really fits for me. I smile at her with tears forming in my eyes.

She gave an apologetic smile. Lolo noticed my emotions and came towards us and give me a hug.

After we eat we arranged the foods and brought it back to the house. I went back to check the three, Anton, Tj and Sandro.

"Tama na yan, magdidilim na" I said. They all stopped running around. "Halika ka na nak mag shower ka na" I said as i wave my hand. He walk towards me.

"Dito muna kami ni Sir Sandro, Ate" Tj said. Anton and I went back to the house for him to take a bath. Kuya Lando also went home to his close family in the other barangay.

After Anton took a bath, he lie himself on our bed. After a few minutes, he fell asleep. I went back to the beach and found sandro sitting at the sand while staring at the sunset. I took a heavy sigh and went towards him and sat down beside him.

"Akala ko di ka na babalik" He smiles when he saw me sit beside him.

I smirk. "Si Anton, tulog na pinagod ninyong dalawa ni Tj anak ko" I said pretending to be mad. He just give a half smile and look away again.

"You were right, Athena. Nakaka stress nga sa Ilocos ngayon ko lang narealize" He said while staring at the sun.

"Pagod ka na ba, Sandro?" I suddenly asked. He look at me.

"You're the first person to ask me that"

I look at him waiting for his answer. He took a heavy sigh "pagod na pagod na" He whispers.

I look at him in pity, he tries to hide it but i can see the sadness in his eyes. "Being a marcos is very challenging. I want to say I'm tired of being a marcos, being a son, a brother, a governor, a friend, a cousin, and a father but i don't have a choice"  He looked down and sniff.