Chapter 5- There's Room For Two

Song: Six Feet Under The Stars-All Time Low

Jack POV:

We were dating for about five months, and we graduated together. We got into colleges not too far from each other, it was going to be perfect. Eventually, Alex's parents kind of came around, but my family was fully supportive of everything. Alex and I did end up spending the most time at my house because of his parents, but I didn't mind it. He was his normal self for about a month after his parents found out about his sexuality and us. I was worried about him, and I noticed how distant my boyfriend was becoming. I didn't know what to do, this was all new for me. I just wanted to do what I could do to help him. I thought taking him somewhere would be a good idea, so I ended up driving to his house at 9 in the morning to take him out for the day. He hadn't been out in public with me for a while, and I wanted to cheer him up.

Alex's POV:

I woke up to banging on my bedroom door. I wasn't happy, but I got up out of bed in only my boxers and opened them to see Jack standing there.

"Jack what the hell it's early," I groan, pulling him in and gently kissing him on the cheek.

"Babe I wanna take you somewhere today. We haven't gone on a date in a long time. Please? I wanna do something for you," Jack said. I could tell he was worried, I don't know why he was but I couldn't disappoint him.

"Okay Jack," I laugh a little and yawn.

He smiled and kissed me, and sat down on my bed with me. I was wanting to go back to sleep, but the smile on his face made me too happy to go back to sleep. I got dressed in a pair of low-rise jeans, and a gray v-neck t-shirt with a sweatshirt over it.

"You look, cute babe," Jack smiled, kissing me as I looked at myself in the mirror. I smiled as he wrapped his arms around my waist and then we headed out and got in his car.

"Where are we going, Jacky?" I asked curiously as I flipped through the CD booklet to find something to listen to.

"I have no idea, I was thinking of taking you for breakfast and then taking a walk on Thames Street. But then maybe I could take you shopping, or go into that art museum you love," He smiled.

"Sounds perfect babe, thank you for taking me out today," I said, kissing his cheek as he started driving to Denny's. We both hated paying for overpriced food, and Jack would consume a milkshake this early if he had the chance. He placed his hand on my thigh as he drove, and I blushed a little. He was so much more comfortable doing things like that than me, I was more shy compared to him. Sometimes I wondered how he could even tolerate my shyness, but then I convinced myself it was just my overthinking.

When we got there, I sat across from him and we both ended up ordering pancakes with other stuff. Jack of course got a chocolate milkshake too, I thought it was adorable.

"Lexy, are you doing okay with everything? You've been distant," He frowned.

"Yeah I'm okay baby, just a little bit going on and stuff," I shrugged.

He still had a worried look on his face, he always read me like a book. I always thought he was harder to read through. I was constantly hiding how I felt, and Jack could see it now. I was just stressed, I couldn't stand being at home with the looks my parents gave me. I just wanted to be accepted, but did that mean me changing? Or pushing the love of my life away for acceptance.

"Just stressed Jack, I feel unaccepted at home, I feel unloved by them. I just want acceptance," I said looking at my lap.

"Baby you are loved by me," he said, kissing my hand from across the table.