Happy Birthday...?

♣️

"You got that power over me
My, my
Everything I hold dear resides in those eyes
You got that power over me
My, my
The only one I know, the only one on my mind
You got that power over me.." 

     Music blaring from her phone continues to play as Kylie moans and rolls over, falling onto the floor. She gasped, forgetting she that she had fallen asleep on the couch in her office last night. She'd been so engrossed in paperwork and may or may not have taken one too many shots the night before with the girls. The club was always crazy around the holidays so she made it a tradition to take a few days off after to let everyone rest. Last night hit off them being shut for five days so they went a little hard.
     Slowly but surely she makes her way around the floor, finding her phone still playing that song, her eyebrow rose as she turned it off. It was a calendar reminder but nothing was there except for the words 'Send Gift'. It was set for today and that song was set specifically. Confused and still half asleep, she tosses it at the couch before heading to her room connecting to the office, stripping her dress. She needed to take a shower after everything.
     Kylie racked her brain while in there, going over everybody and wondering whose birthday or celebration she'd forgotten. It was no ones birthday, no anniversary or death days were around this date. It was driving her mad by the time she was cleaned up and dressed, ready for the day.
     Stepping into the office once more, she grabs her phone and then her planner hoping something would make some sense. Nothing there either. Kylie didn't set calendar reminders for no reason and definitely not to specific songs. Her fingers run to the Internet to search the lyrics that had been playing and once she grazed over them, she was now even more confused. This was like a love/heartbreak song. Kylie didn't do love or romance. She hadn't been on a date in years and had only fooled around with men she planned on consuming or who knew about her 'gifts'. "Marcus!!!" She yells out, turning her laptop on, settling into her office chair. Within seconds came Marcus and of course not far behind him, Lilith with a cup of tea.
     "Good Morning mistress," they both proclaimed, rolling their eyes at the other, as if trying to out do the other. Their obvious frustration with each other oblivious to Kylie.
     "Morning..." taking the cup to take a sip, "Marcus whose birthday is today? Did I mention needing to send someone a gift? Did I forget a celebration?" Kylie rambles, only glancing at him for a second.
     "Oh... um... I didn't know we were still doing that this year... I can get one ready... should I send it by jockey or personal delivery like old times?" Marcus immediately in panic mode, but controlled, typing at his phone and starting to pace. "I know it's been a minute but..."
     "Let's finish our tea and get ourselves put together before sending out any gifts ourselves right? Presentation is everything," Lilith interrupting him and stepping closer to nudge her to keep drinking.
     "Um... sure... if you know what, or who, the um... thing's for, go ahead and take charge. I trust you to make a wise choice about the um... yeah that thing we were talking about," Kylie starting to stumble on her words. Shaking her head, closing her eyes tight, Kylie gets a shiver down her spine, before looking at them again and smiling wide. "Morning guys, what's up for the day? It's day one of vacation, any plans?" The conversation from before completely forgotten.
     Marcus stares at her, masking the confusion of what just happened, watching at the two woman starting to giggle and talk about plans for the following days. Lilith had taken full control over the conversation.
     Stepping back, he nods at Kylie before stepping into the hall. Immediately he starts to dial a number and waste no time heading to the garage. "Hi... yes it's me... I need two things done now. A birthday gift delivered to the Detective and I need a witch here in the next 24 hours. The best and one who deals with dark magic... yes... money won't be an issue"
     Marcus now was sure something was up and she might have forgotten everything but he hadn't. Somethings wrong and he's gonna find it out... don't work Mistress, the night hadn't taken over yet.