Alone Again

♣️
Sighing, Kylie looked ever the empty night club. She'd closed it for the night to let some of the girls who'd graduated college this year have the night off. All that was here was her, the bartenders checking inventory and Marcus, keeping security like usual. They deserved it with the day they'd soon leave her and enter the world as new improved women coming soon.
All her girls she'd found, each of her girls having a special story on why their life had got to the place the was and each girl touching her soul... if she even had one truly.
Taking them in.. molding them to be the strong, independent, and smart women they are now is the best thing she'd ever done. No matter what anyone said of her girls.
Hearing someone clear their throat, she looked up, see her head bartender Mel. "Ma'am... the books and your drinks," she spoke. Kylie nodding her head towards the table, the creature smiled softly and sat it on the table before backing off. Mel was a badass nymph who knew her way around a bar. Finding her was one of the best things Kylie had ever done for her club.
"Call when you're done," Mel remarked as she left the loft, Kylie following her with her eyes as she joined back with the others to close up for the night.
Taking a deep breath, Kylie sat at the booth, grabbing the drink and downing it. "And the mistress was alone once again..." she whispered, smiling sadly at the words she remembered the first time she'd heard that. A certain beast coming to mind as she closed her eyes, his memory running over her like water over ice.

*FlashBack*
"Well then who the fuck is killing my girls asshole?" Kylie screamed, tossing a vase across the room, "For weeks now, once a week, I have been losing a girl and I'm not gonna fucking wait anymore Mr. Daniil fucking Detective."
Marcus rolled his eyes as another vase went flying, Kylie's own glowing bright emerald green.
"I told you this wouldn't be easy. It's gonna take time and you're gonna have to be patient," the tall dark and handsome detective replied, a smirk riding his lips. His eyes flickered, the woman before him sparking his interest.
"I don't have more fucking time. I've lost 4... FOUR FUCKING GIRLS ALREADY!" She screamed, Marcus immediately moving forward and she glared making him step back quickly. "I don't think you understand, these girls aren't just girls at my club. I put money and time into these girls. Give them a job, get them back into college, get them connections to get other jobs, and don't just let anyone alone with them. Any man is vetted and background checked before he even gets close to her in a room. So how the fuck are these assholes getting past the best in the business?" She was trying to control herself but for this ass to be the best, he wasn't getting anywhere.
"Ma'am..." he glanced at Marcus as he slowly took a step forward, "I'm trying. Trust me... I see more than you think. You're a bitch and a hard ass.. no offense... but I see how you care. You play the mistress to hold the control but I think you need to learn how to let go of some control. Let me show you what I can really do and I promise.. I won't disappoint." Each few words, the detective getting closer, soon he was right in front of her. Kylie took a deep breath, watching his soul bouncing around like crazy, making her own whimper to touch it. Looking up into his eyes, she saw more than just asking of his permission to have control of her club.
'I don't give up control..." she whispered, glancing at Marcus, glaring for a second at him as he smirked at her position.
The detective smirks at her words softly, "I think that needs to change," he whispered, locking eyes with her for a split second before moving back. "Well let me get back to my job... don't wanna be punished if I don't find your bad guy," he winked, Marcus jumping to show him back downstairs. "And the mistress was alone once again..." he joked and off he went.

*Present Day*
Gasping, Kylie sat up quickly and wiped a tear away, looking around to make sure no one saw.
"Fuck that asshole... " she whispered, reaching for another drink and downing it quickly. Covering her face as more tears came, the siren softly laughed. That asshole had saved her life in more than one way. After two months, he'd finally caught the assholes and found out they were part of the set up crew. Her security checks for anyone had become even tighter and it made business even better cause people trusted her even more.
Personally... that man had shown her a side of herself she hadn't ever seen and made her feel things that she thought were never possible. She stretched her body and mind and soul for that man. Daniil had made her want to be a better person and saved her from herself more than once. He would forever mean the world to this mistress and he would love him more than he'll ever know...