Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End

"Shit I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!"

My eyes flashed their demonic color as I ran from my carriage, my crown gripped tightly in my hand as I hauled ass down the clearing to the door of the manor.

Today was not my day.

I paused as I made it to the two large, oak wood doors. Huffing for air and smoothing out my traditional queenly dress, wanting nothing more to rip off this tight top and and return back to my matters at the kingdom. Instead, I righted myself and thought about the chain of events that brought me to my current location in 18th century England.

I had a lovely day of damnation planned as the Queen of Hell before my morning got turned upside down. A messenger demon had arrived instructing me that I had to go to deliver important documents to Satan's number one. That meant instead of dealing with the current issues that come with dealing with a kingdom full of demons, I had been ordered by Lucifer himself to go take time out of my schedule to deliver important documents to his one and only errand boy and enjoy a prepared "dinner" while said errand boy was out on a contract with a human.

"Sebastian Michaelis." I gagged at the name out loud as I waited for the door to open. "Please, as if I don't have enough problems. 'Alexandra, angels are planning to attack soon!' 'Alexandra, there aren't enough humans to harvest their souls!' 'Alexandra you need to give a speech to the council today about budget cuts!' 'Alexandra, loose half your afternoon to drop off papers for Satan's Right Hand Man in the middle of nowhere where apparently PEOPLE DON'T OPEN THE DOOR FOR YOU!'"

My powers swelled as the oak wood doors burst open, revealing a rather plain entrance hall and I sniffed disdainfully. Of course a demon like Sebastian would drop all of his duties in a kingdom to come play dressed up on a whim.

"Your highness, Queen Alexandra. The Phantomhive Manor welcomes you."

I turned and noticed apparently I was being waited on. On the stairs stood a child, Ceil Phantomhive, if I remembered correctly from what my second in command told me. Next to him an older gentleman while an array of servants stood behind and bowed.

"Hi." I waved away the theatrics. "Look kid, I'm busy and got a hell of a lot of things to be doing. Where's your butler?"

The little noblemen looked shocked at my gruff response as his servants looked between themselves. I rolled my eyes, how I hated this century. I always loved later times when people just got right to the point, every conversation wasn't beaten to death with tradition and pleasantries.

"My butler, Sebastian Michaelis, said you'd be joining us this evening for dinner." He looked at me evenly which I very much didn't like. "Right this way."

I held my ground. "I'm here to see your 'butler', not you. Where is he?"

The older gentleman strode forward now. "Excuse me, your highness. I am Tanaka, Mr. Sebastian explained that we had a very important guest joining us tonight and laid out a dinner for you. He is unfortunately out on errands now so please join us."

"Just like that little rat to make me waste time." I growled angrily, causing shocked faces all around. "Fine, fine. If I have to sit through this, let's get on with it. I'm not one to pass up a dinner."

With a miffed look, Tanaka lead me forward as Ceil stayed in line behind me, trailing right behind me as a show of respect. I noticed the servants were also acting in accord to how demon servants acted, bowing u til I left the room. I smirked to myself some, Sebastian didn't very much liked me back at the kingdom but at least he still respected me.

"How long did you say your butler would take to return?" I asked as the child and I were seated at two opposite ends of the table.

The little brat waited until the servants left to answer me, also something I didn't like. For being prepubescent, he certainly held a lot of attitude but I knew that whatever was under his eyepatch was also a factor in this little game.