Chapter 23: The Mighty Falls

"I SAID I'M FINE!"

With one arm I brandished the bedside lamp in my hand as a defense weapon and with the other I covered my mouth as a series of coughs sent me into a shaking pain. My body was screaming for me to stop. I could barely even find the energy in myself to keep holding up this stupid piece of furniture but I refused to back down.

The three morons had managed to corral me into the house since my demon powers were currently recharging and I had no way to fight back, but getting me to comply and get to bed was becoming a whole other ordeal. Especially after how annoying they were all being.

Soma was whining in the corner as Agni frantically iced the top of his head where I hit him with the lamp. That left me to have a stare off with the butler who had long dropped his little lover act long ago as I became more of a pain in the ass.

Sebastian frowned, keeping sure to stay out of the way of the lamp which he had seen I was still strong enough to inflict damage with. "Alexandra, the young master is sleeping. If you keep causing a ruckus he'll wake up!"

I snarled, albeit, not as frightening as it usually was since I couldn't even show my demon fangs but I hoped it carried the same weight. Something told me I looked more like a de-clawed kitten than the feline power I tried to carry myself as.

"Then stop trying to baby me!" I coughed into my fist again, my head starting to throb in real pain. Every time I threw my head to the side a searing paint went from my jaw to my temples. "You and Soma tried stripping me before the front door was even fucking closed! You'd think I'd comply after that?!"

Sebastian seemed to give in. His shoulders slumped in defeat and he turned to say something to the two preoccupied idiots. Stupidly, I let my guard down. I didn't expect him to make a move in front of the two morons but I lowered my makeshift weapon and Sebastian saw his chance.

"Ah!"

I went to yell but he wrapped my lower jaw in his hand. In less than a blink, he used his powers to appear behind me, wrapping one arm around my mouth and the other going to my hand. With a thump, the lamp was forced out of my grasp and I was left pushed up against Sebastian's front, his hand intertwined with mine. I tried to try and bite down on his hand around my mouth but he held me with more than just his human strength which meant I was forced to comply.

Agni looked up at the sound of the lamp falling and shielded Soma's eyes before he turned.

"Mr. Sebastian!" Agni squeaked under my furious gaze, "Release her!"

I felt the bastard slack in confusion and saw my opening.

"But Mr. Agni she- OW!"

I bit down as hard as my human body would let me and didn't release until Sebastian pulled so hard I was worried he was going to take a tooth with him. I cackled triumphantly, eventually my laughs turning into coughs, until I met Michaelis's gaze and realized very much I was left without a plan.

"I DIDN'T EVEN BITE YOU THAT HARD!"

Sebastian lunged for me faster than I could make a run for it and slung me over his shoulder before I could catch my breath. That knocked a cough loose so I was trying to get myself under control as he ranted.

"How can you be both sick and even more of a pain than usual!" Sebastian brought me to the bed and slung me on top of it, even the force of hitting the bed sending my head spinning. The half healed wound in my side was throbbing.

Soma creeped over his shoulder as Sebastian wrestled my hands over my head at my protests and pinned me down.

"Uhhhh Mr. Sebastian?" Soma exchanged a look with Agni, "I don't think this is the best idea."