Chapter 2| Snakes

Chapter 2| Snakes

"Sage Strong." A lady with long brown hair and beautiful green eyes. Smiled warmly at me as I got off the plane.

"I'm so sorry, my husband had to go to a meeting and make you come here all by yourself. He is always so busy." She said shaking her head.

"Well he is the owner of Double M's co." I replied putting my bag strap higher on my shoulder.

"I'm Rebecca Mathew's, but you can call me Becca everyone does." She said waving me off as she lead the way through a crowd of people and to a shiny white limo.

"You don't have very many things, do you dear?" She said frowning at my 3 bags of stuff.

"It doesn't matter how much stuff you own but what it means to you." I shrugged.

Becca smiled.

"I like you Sage." She nodded.

I smiled a genuine smile as I took a spot next to her in the limo. Something about her made me like her, a lot.

"I don't know how long you are planning on staying but I'm happy to finally have a girl in the house." She sighed. "We can go shopping, get manicures-" she rambled on.

Finally have a girl in the house?

"Becca what do you mean, finally have a girl in the house?" I asked.

She looked at me and smiled.

"Sage, I have 8 boys."

My eyes grew wide.

"8 boys!?"

She nodded pleased with herself.

"Strong, handsome young men."

"8 boys." I repeated.

"You already know one, Luke. Don't you remember?"

"Luke." His name tumbled off my tongue.

"You guys caused trouble at every business party we took you to."

"Oh Luke!" I cried remembering the tablecloth we had set on fire one time.

"He was excited when he heard you were coming. I think you will fit quite well." She smiled glancing out the window.

Buildings and cement covered every inch of the city. It was new to me. Not a speck of grass was seen unless you passed the occasion tree planted in its own little spot. That was until we came out on a highway and you could see the beach.

"Tell me about them." I said turning to look at Becca again. "Your sons."

She smiled, clearly pleased. She rambled on about them for what felt like hours. In the end this is how it went.

Rick- 22 in collage and dating a girl name Julia. He isn't home only on every other weekend.

Luke- 19, senior trouble.

Layton- 18, senior loves the guitar. Great singer plays at a store Friday nights.

Jackson- 17, junior loves sports captain of the baseball team. Twins with Nick.

Nick- 17, junior loves to prank people and twin with Jackson.

Tucker- 17, junior adopted.

Jarod- 15, sophomore obsessed with cars.

Ryder- 11, 6th grader quiet but once you get to know him louder than ever.