Chapter 25: Your Not Mine

Chapter 25| Your Not Mine

Why? Why? How? How did I live threw it? Why didn't I get to leave this horrible world? My life is a mess, I've ruined everything. It would be best if I did die. I opened my eyes to see white ceiling above me. I looked to my side and saw Layton staring at me. He had no emotions on his face. Only tear soaked cheeks. I slowly sat up. I looked down to see he had a hold of my hand I tried to move it but it didn't. He didn't even know I was sitting up how was that possible? I swung my legs over the bed and looked around the room. Nobody was in sight but Layton. I must be in one of those half death experiences. I got up and the first thing I did was hug Layton. I laid my head on his back, and cried.
"It'll be okay, Layton. I'm gonna leave you. And I know it's gonna hurt. But you'll get threw it. Your strong, way strong than me you'll get threw it I promise. You will find someone truly amazing to love and I'll watch from above as your love story grows. Your career will take off and you will have a wonderful life. Without me." I backed away and looked at my self.
My face wasn't too bad I mean there was bruises all over my face and arms but it wasn't anything serious which I didn't understand it's a miracle. I stepped out of the room and went to the front desk. Luckily no one was there so I got to flip threw the patients lists.
Tyler Harrison room 403.
I couldn't find Nina or Drake. I made my way to Tyler's room just in time to have them cover him with a cloth, meaning his dead. The nurses turned off all the machines. I felt more tears roll down my cheeks. Everyone left me. I have no one.
Layton. A small voice in the back of my head said. You have Layton. But I need to let him go. I was having a war with myself. I liked Layton a lot but he would be better off with out me. Most people would.
I made it back to my room where Layton still was but now My step dad was in with someone I never thought I'd ever see again.
My mom, who had tears in her eyes.
She was crying over me? She must be faking it. A lot of people always said we looked so alike I hated it because I was nothing like her. I would never hit someone. She's just lucky she had been cheating on my dad with a rich guy who bailed her out of jail. Yup, my mom is a real winner. The only person I may care about a little is my step dad. He at least tried and that's better than what anybody else has done. A doctor came in.
"Boy, I told you family only." The doctor scolded Layton.
He didn't move.
"I can't, I can't leave her side. She can't leave me." Layton said.
My dad put a hand on his shoulder. Layton just shrugged it off tear spilling out of his eyes. I'd never seen him like this.
He was making a mistake I always made caring too much. Cause when I leave it's gonna hurt him so bad.
"Son, I'm sorry. We will notified you on everything that happens." He said.
"No, what if she slips away and I'm don't here? What if she wakes up? Please doctor I have to stay. I promise her I'd never leave her and right now she needs me more than ever. I can't."
"It's the rules."
"Can't you let it slip by just this once. You have no clue what she's gone threw when she wakes up she's gonna be a wreck and I need to be the one to help her. I need to be the first person she sees. I need to show her I care!"
Just then the door open and security came in grabbing Layton's arms. He screamed and shouted. I felt a piece of me leave when his hand left mine.
"Layton!" I cried out but my voice cracked and drowned out from the tears. "I won't leave you!" I cried.
A loud beeping came from one of the machines I was hooked up too. Layton stopped struggling and stared at me. I felt pain shoot threw my body and I fell to the floor. I wanted to just end it so badly but I couldn't leave Layton. I just couldn't. The doctor started messing with some things and the beeping stopped. The pain lessened and I calmed down a bit.
"Sir, your gonna have to leave. If anything happens. I will tell you." The doctor said again.
More tears streamed down Layton's face as did mine. I didn't know he cared this much about me. We had only been going out for 2 weeks but it felt like I have known him for ever. I flowed him out to the waiting room where he fell down in a chair and hurried his head in his hands. Becky moved to rub his back but he pushed her away. If I left Layton wouldn't be the same. I look around and saw Ryker, Jared, Mark, and Luke playing a card game while they waited. Stella sat motionless with tear stained cheeks holding Payton, Nick and Tucker were no where in site. They cared about me. All of them did. They actually cared.
As if Layton read my mind he said.
"Where's Nick and Tucker
"They are outside." Becky said.
I headed that way. Just like she said they where both outside. Tucker was chucking rocks into a field by the hospital. Nick sat on a cement barrier.
"Why was I so stupid." Tucker said.
"Your a good brother, that's what brothers do."
"But he didn't even call dibs. I just let him." Tucker said chucking more rocks.
"Does he know?" Nick asked.
"Nope." He said popping the 'p'.
"I usually always tell Layton everything. But when it comes to his girlfriend. I can't just say that."
I furrowed my eyebrows. What was Tucker talking about. All of a sudden I was back in my room. And everything went black. I couldn't see anything but I heard the door open and quietly close. Layton I thought. He came and grabbed my hand rubbing it. I wished I could just grab a hold of it and hold it forever.
"Damn it, Jade." He mumbled and then sighed.
"Why do you do this to me? Why do you make me go crazy every time I think about you? I don't know how you do it." He let out a slight chuckle.
"But your not mine. And I wish I could just tell you but I can't because your Layton's."
Now I was confused, but I couldn't tell who it was now. They slowly let go off my hand and I heard the door open again and then closed. My head was swimming with the new information I just learned. I tried so hard to open my eye but they wouldn't. I was brought away from my thoughts with the door opening again, someone came and grabbed my hand. They must of snuck in too.
"Jade please don't leave me." It was Layton I was sure of it. "I don't know what I do without you. I know that I have only known you for a short time but it feels longer."
He was quiet as he rubbed my hand.
"I rather be able to call you mine for a little bit then to never be able to call you mine. I know your leaving soon and that's scares me but we will found a way threw it. I promise."
Everything went white and then black. I waited a few seconds before letting my eyes open a little and closing them again. Then opening them a little wider.