Chapter 13: Over Him

Chapter 13| Over Him

"So what are you wearing to the party tonight?" Jenna asked as we headed down the hall to the cafeteria.
"In the clothes I'm wearing right now." I responded.
"Good thing I thought ahead and brought you something." Lindsey sang.
I shook my head.
"You two seriously brought clothes to change into?"
"We are skipping 6th hour so we won't be able to go home and change." Jenna said as she grabbed a salad.
"So wear what your gonna wear to school like me."
"Your lame." Lindsey said from behind me.
"You guys get too excited over everything."
"And that's a bad thing?" Jenna laughed as she took her seat by Logan.
I sat by Collin while Lindsey sat by Ryker.
"So your coming to the party right?" Collin asked.
"Why is everyone worried about me going to this lame party."
"One. It's your first party here. Two. It's one of the best parties of the year." Logan said.
I rolled my eyes.
"A party is just a party."
"Oh you wait and see." Collin said biting into his hamburger.
*****
"I'm more than happy to skip child development." Lindsey said as we headed out to Collins truck.
"Me too, all we are talking about is how to take care of those fake babies anyway."
"I don't wanna take one home." She whined.
"I'm not getting any sleep when I have it."
She nodded.
"Took you two long enough." Logan said from the passenger seat.
"Sorry, but if you haven't noticed I'm not too happy about going." I said climbing in.
"Well if you haven't noticed your lame." He shot back.
"So I've been told."
We pulled up to a huge house. Teenagers where already spilling out of doors and flooded the yard. We had to park half way down the block.
"For Jack Little this house isn't very Little." I said.
"His daddy is rich." Collin said.
"Of course."
"Is Luke gonna be here?" Lindsey asked.
I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah, he told me." I said as we walked in.
You could barley fit through the front door. People where everywhere. I followed Collin Lindsey not far behind. Jenna and Logan had disappeared. Probably to make out. They should already be a thing. Collin stopped and I came to his side. He did some weird hand shake with Tucker. With Tucker was a blonde chick clinging onto his arm.
"This is Olivia? I asked.
Tucker nodded smirking.
"Your Jayden. Right?" She said with a warm smile.
"It is Jade." I corrected her.
"Oh, my bad."
"Wow, Tucker she's super polite clearly way not your type. No offense or anything Olivia." I said smiling at her and glaring at Tucker.
Tucker glared.
"So what is my type?" He asked "because you know if you wanted me, you- I shoved a cupcake in his mouth before he could say another word.
Collin started laughing.
"In your dreams." I glared at Tucker. Who spit out the cupcake.
"Nice meeting you." I smiled at Olivia.
She smiled back.
"Oh you'll pay for that, Blondie." Tucker shouted after me as Collin lead me threw the crowds.
"Drink?" He asked.
I nodded. He lead me to the kitchen. There was less people here, and I found where Jenna and Logan went. They where making out in the corner.
"Get a room." Collin joked.
Logan pulled away his face flushing red.
I laughed opening up a cooler packed with bud lights. Collin grabbed one popping it open. I hesitated. I hadn't drank in a while. Actually it was forever ago. I got really drunk, and let's just say I'm a crazy drunk. I won't drink that many tho. Just enough to give me a buzz I told myself and grabbed one popping it open. I took a sip and enjoyed the cold liquid run down my throat.
I rejoined Collin, who was now talking to Ryker. Next to Ryker was a tall brunette girl. I followed there hands and saw they where intertwined. I felt a slight tug of pain. Seeing the guy you liked with another girl hurt. I needed to move on, and tonight would be that night. I grabbed Collins hand jumping right into the conversation.
"So Ryker who did you bring with you?" I asked taking a sip of my drink.
"Oh this is Krystal, Krystal, Jade."
I smiled at her while mentally throwing daggers at her.
"Hi." she replied.
"Hey babe will you grab me a drink." Ryker asked kissing Krystal on the cheek.
I swear I was breathing fire. 'Babe'? I downed my bud light and went back to the cooler. Where Krystal was.
"So when did you meet Ryker?" I asked popping open another drink.
"Oh we have known each other for a while. His in my math class. We just started talking one day, and boom we clicked." She said a pretty little smile on her face I wanted to punch off.
"That's great. So you two are a thing then?"
She nodded.
"I guess."
"That's great!" I said downing half of the bud light.
"Come on, Collin." I said grabbing his hand. "Let's go dance."
He smirked at me finishing his bud light. I finished mine and threw our cans away. I lead him to the dance floor squeezing into the crowd of people. I couldn't even tell you what song was playing. A kid came around handing out bud lights. Collin and I each happily took one. While jumping up and down and acting like idiots.
"So are you glad you came?" He shouted over the music.
"Glad? I'm more than glad." I shouted back.
He smiled. I finished off my 5th can way past the little buzz I promised myself I would stop at.
"Do you think they have any pancakes here?" I asked.
"Pancakes? Who needs pancakes? Why not macaroni?" Collin responded.
"Oh, even better."
"Up town funk you up, up town funk you up!" I shouted along with everyone else.
"Too hot, hot damn!" Collin screamed.
"Police and fire man!"
"Too hot!"
"Hot damn!" I screamed.
Collin chuckled.
"Your funny when your drunk." He laughed stumbling a bit.
"Drunk who said anything about being drunk?" I asked.
He laughed again. I pulled him along with me as I made my way to the DJ.
A kid was up singing into the mic. I got up to where the kid was and took the mic. He was clearly way more drunk than me. He fell off the speaker and landed on his butt.
"I would like to make an announcement." I said clearing my throat.
"I am in love with this bear over here." I screamed pointing to Collin.
Collin gave a goofy smile and waved.
"And now I'm gonna sing."
I looked over to the DJ. He started playing a track with no lyrics.
"Whoa, whoa, I'm in love with this teddy bear down here. All you other loser are jelly." I laughed pointing out into the crowd which erupted in cheers.
"You loser with the barbies attached to your side, suck!"
More cheers erupted threw out the crowd.
"Whoa, whoa, yeah, yeah, yeah!" I shouted raising my fist in the air. The crowd followed punching the air singing. "Whoa, whoa, yeah, yeah, yeah!"
Until some guy grabbed my waist and pulled me off the speaker. I squealed looking into green sparkling eyes. Almost like Tucker's but it wasn't Tucker. I had no clue who it was. He pulled me back onto the dance floor and started dancing with me. The DJ turned the music back on. My legs felt weak, my vision wasn't the greatest but I still danced. It was way more fun then worrying about Ryker. Like I said I'm over him.
"I'm tired of dancing let's go outside." Collin said grabbing my hand.
I nodded following him out. It felt a little better not to be cramped up with sweaty bodies against me. Although neither one of us could walk straight. I also felt bad for leaving that one dude. We eventually found our way to a bench outside where Collin sat and I sat on his lap. Without another word out lips crashed. I ran my fingers threw his hair as he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer. And I had to admit for once in my life I wasn't constantly worrying about something I was having fun. I forgot how good this felt. For once I didn't care about Ryker. I'm over him.