Chapter 2 | "It's not too late to invite me over, you know."

It was weird, no beyond weird when we walked down the stairs of the frat house. There was the party downstairs with oud music and people dancing in the living room, yet everyone seemed to look at us. I don't blame them, because it as weird to look at us. Chace with a sleeping Carla in his arms and I was weirdly trailing along. Every girl had her eyes on Chace and all the guys were just wondering what the most popular guy at this college was doing with this girl in his arms. Obviously, I didn't miss the jealous stares from most girls, but only laughed to myself, thinking how desperate they are.

Why are they so desperate to be with Chace, aren't there other guys they could hook up with? No offense, but I don't think Chace is that nice of a person to go through all of this drama. I was relieved when we both finally stepped out of the house, getting fresh air in my lungs. I had my jacket on and carried Carlas in my hands as she was peacefully passed out in Chace's arms.

"That was weird." I tell him when we start walking down the streets to the dorms.

"What do you mean?" he asks, looking over to me for a second. I send him a confused look, not understanding how he didn't notice the stares from all the people at the house. Is he really that used to them? I didn't feel like explaining it to him, so I simply say,

"Forget it." With a little chuckle. After that we keep walking in silence towards the dorm, because I didn't really know what to say, but as we enter campus, suddenly a thought comes to my head that I was actually a little worried about. "So, I heard you mother is the decan?"

"Sadly." He murmurs, and I kind of understand his reaction. If my mother was the decan of any college, I would do my best to get as far away as possible from this institution.

"She forced you into math, right?" If I will bring this topic up, I at least had to make sure my information was right. A nod from him is everything I need. "Okay, I really don't want to sound rude, but I heard you failed the math courses you attended so far, and I was just wondering if that is true, that your mother might get suspicious when you suddenly get an A in this class, because of the group projects? I mean I am glad if I can just help you out and pass this class, but I really don't want to get in trouble." I felt a little insecure abut my question all of the sudden, because he was the most popular guy on campus, and I felt like the scared little puppy next to him. What I didn't expect to hear from him was the laugh he let out next. He scanned my face for a second, before he just begins chuckling, slightly shaking his head.

"You don't even try to hide you're a freshman, huh?" He then asks, eyeing me once again, but I get confused by his question, so I ask him what he means by that. "Only a freshman would be worried to get in trouble for helping the college's disappointment pass math class." He laughs. Oh. He might be right there, but I didn't know how strict the professors were here, so I had a reason to be worried. "Don't worry 'bout that, love." He smirks, making me once again look up to him at the ridiculous nickname. Does he call all girls 'love'? "My mother would be the last person to get you in trouble for that." He chuckles.

"But it's cheating." I say and regret those words the second they left my mouth. Great, now he thinks of me like the little, scared puppy I am.

"No shit." He says, equally as amused as before and then we come to a halt in front of the dorms. He stops, turning towards me, giving me a once over with his eyes. Then a sigh leaves his lips, and he goes on, probably feeling bad when he saw the worry in my eyes. "My mother doesn't care if someone helps me cheat, she is just happy as long as I graduate, one way or another. How else do you think did I make it to senior year?" His rhetorical question made me frown. He may not be as hard working as the rest, but I don't like people talking themselves down.