Chapter 4 | "You checked me out earlier."

It was weird to see my friends like this. They were smiling, actually engaging in a proper conversation that's not about my school for once. This was everything I didn't think would happen. I sat in one of the armchairs with my cup in hand, simply overserving the situation in front of me. I warned him beforehand, telling him not to bring up any sensitive topics, so my friends don't get insecure, but I never thought it will help to keep this party from turning out horrible. Instead, I was sat here, listening in on the conversation that my friends, the nerds of the nerds had with Chace, the womanize of the womanizers.

"Lucy. It's your turn." Sebastian tells me, and I snap out of my trance, taking part in the card game again. I won the past two rounds already, so I didn't have to drink yet, unlike everyone else. After I was done, I go back to looking over to Chace. He sat on the other side of the room, talking to Josef, Ted and Luca. He was saying something that I didn't hear over the music, but it made the three others laugh, before Josef went on that ended up making Chace chuckle. Shocked, that's how I would describe how I was feeling right now. Chace Donovan was enjoying himself at a party I took him to, but the actual surprise is that my friends were also enjoying his company.

Unfortunately, I looked over to them a little too long, because suddenly Chace turns his head in my direction, making eye contact with me. My first instinct was to look away, acting like I wasn't staring at them, but when I looked into his eyes, I felt trapped. They were so green, even in this bad lightening, making me want to look at them more often. Also, his lips were so red, in this perfect shape, looking simply perfect. Suddenly I realize that I was actually staring at him, so I eventually look back down and go back to the game. Weirdly though, I felt that my cheeks have gotten a little hot. Shit, was I seriously blushing? SHIT, did he see that? What was happening, I just looked over to see if everything was okay, right?

"Guys, this is really boring, if I win all the time." I state amused, getting rid of my last card, signalizing the end of the game. Everyone who played groaned at my third victory of the night, and we decided to not play another round. I then checked my phone, seeing that it was already pretty late, so I get up. "I'm going now, guys. Carla, are you coming with me, or do you wanna stay a little longer?" She tells me she will come with me, so we both go to grab our jackets.

"You're leaving already Lucy?" Sebastian asks me, getting up from his seat.

"Yes. I have early classes tomorrow." I tell him and slip into my jacket. "But thank you for tonight." I tell him as I hug in for goodbye. "Are we still up for tomorrow?" I want to know, remembering our study date in the library we planned. He assures me that we were and then goes to say goodbye to Carla.

"Are you going back to the dorms?" Chace asks me after he came over to us, and I nod. Where else would I be going? "I'm coming with." He announces, grabbing his jacket. I say goodbye to the rest of my friends and the walk over to the front door with Sebastian.

"Hey, I wanted to ask that I brought Chace along. I didn't plan it, he simply came with me." I tell him, feeling guilty that I just took him with me.

"No, he's cool actually." He says, surprised by his own words. We both laugh at his words as Carla and Chace join us and that's when I open the door. "See you tomorrow." Sebastian says before we leave and as usual, we walk down the stairs in silence.

"What are you and Sebastian doing tomorrow?" Carla ass as soon as the three of us step outside, heading home.

"We agreed to study before the game starts." I let her in on my plans. "What did you guys do before I came?" I wanted to know.

"Not much. We talked about the guy's new physics project mostly. It was pretty boring, but you would have liked it." She shrugs, and I really wanted to know more about it. "It took you a while to come over." She observes, shooting me a subtle wink, so Chace won't notice.