Chapter 6 | "Who are you texting?"

"Anything yet?" Carla asks when the two of us lay in our beds, chilling a little before we go out tonight. Carla wanted me to finally really meet her boyfriend and I agreed, knowing I will have to get along with him at one point, because they spend a lot of time together.

"No." I mumble, checking my phone again, even though I know there was no new message. I have been waiting all day for one little message from Chace, but nothing happened yet. Not even a 'it went well' or 'I failed'. Nothing. I was a little sad that he didn't even bother texting his tutor how the exam went we studied together. It's not like he has to text me, because we're friends, just a little text for tutor-Lucy. I go back to reading my book. Chace constant talking about Harry Potter made me get excited to read the books again, so I started this afternoon again. I was almost halfway done with the first book, just about to mark something when I suddenly hear the magic sound of an incoming message from my phone. I immediately sit up and was about to reach for my phone but stop before I was about to pick it up, when I look into Carla's smirking face. "What?" I ask, regretting my obvious reaction to the text. She only shakes her head amused and that's when I eye my phone suspiciously. If I text back right away, he may think I waited all day. Wait, maybe it wasn't him. Knowing how sad I would be when the text wasn't from him, I lie back down, staring at the ceiling again. Only a few seconds later, Carla stands up with an annoyed sigh, walking over to me and I eye her confused. She doesn't wait and picks up my phone, reading the text.

"It's from him. Just fucking read it, dumbass." She demands, and knowing it was him, I take the phone from her with a stupid grin on my face.

Chace: Come over.

"Come over?" I ask loudly for her to hear. "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask her, not understanding if I was missing out on a secret meaning behind these words.

"Sounds like a booty call to me." She smirks. I knew it wasn't a booty call, he had someone else to text this. "Come on, get dressed. "She encourages me, but I stay seated in my bed, reading the text over and over again.

"He's been ignoring me all day, why does he want me to come over all of the sudden?" I wasn't experience with stuff like this and I knew I am probably reading too much into this, since I am nothing more than a friend to him, but still. I don't wait for an answer from Carla and just start texting him back.

Lucy: I'm not a dog.

I was trying to be funny, failing miserably, but I didn't care when I saw that he was already writing back.

Chace: Come over to my moms'. Emergency!

What kind of emergency could he mean? Something wrong with his homework maybe? I had no idea, but I wouldn't just ignore a text like this. So I get up, telling Carla that I will go over to him before dinner with her boyfriend, not knowing how long it will take at his house. "We can just pick you up from there, alright?" She proposes and I agree. "Okay, then get dressed now." She says and points to the pile of clothing she wanted me to wear, so she could take 'cute' pictures of us later for her Instagram. Knowing it was for the best since spend an hour picking the outfit for me, I I slip into the dress. All I know is that they want to go out somewhere fancy with me and Ted's best friend, almost like a double date. I hated the idea of that, but I did it for Carla. "You look gorgeous, Lucy." Carla sighs happily and I only frown at my appearance. The dress was pretty tight, showing of my body but the pat that bothered me was my legs. When Carla wears dresses like these, her legs look so long and pretty whereas mine are just so short.

"I can only eat a salad, or you this will get ugly." I joke, pointing to my tummy. It was hugging my body closely and definitely not something I often wear, but for a nice place, I would gladly dress in something like this. "Okay, I'm going now. Text me when you're there, alright?" We agree on that, and I leave after getting my coat. The walk to Chace mom's place wasn't long and luckily, I remember it. As I arrive there, I ring the doorbell, admiring the front yard with its fountain that looked much better without the drunk college students all over the place. At the sound of the door opening, I turn around, facing none other than Chace. "Hey." I greet him with a smile.