Chapter 18 I "I'll text you."

"Carla, can I ask you something?"

"Sure." Mhh, okay. Carla has been my friend forever now and we literally talk about everything in our life. There aren't many things we keep from each other and even if there is something, that's also okay. I mean we both know we can talk with one another about everything but are never obligated. Now I have been thinking about this one thing for a little over a week now and before I will go crazy, it's probably best to talk about it with someone.

"I have been thinking about this for a while now and just wanted to hear your opinion. But you know you of course don't have to answer if you don't want to. Don't feel forced into answering, you know-

"What do you want to know, Lucy?" She laughs and sits up in her bed while I still lay in mine, staring at the ceiling. My question was a little weird, so I look for the right words before I start.

"So in your past relationships." I start. "You know this time when you were with a guy, knowing you like each other more than friends, kiss and go out on dates and stuff...what would you call this?" I want to know and roll over to lay on my side.

"You mean the phase you and Chace are currently in?" I nod, knowing it's stupid to hide this fact. "So it's been like three weeks since your first kiss, right?" I nod again. After my confession of feelings, he took me out on a date. It was simply but perfect. The few hours we spend by the lake were so romantic and intimate, I really enjoyed myself. It was just the two of us talking and making out...a dream come true. After that, he hasn't asked me out on another date yet, but we've still been spending time together. We worked on our group project that he wants to be part of this time and we've been spending two evenings at his mom's place. Each time he surprised me and picked me up after class to take me over to have dinner. Those evenings were spend talking and we always ended up cuddling in his bed where I read Harry Potter to him once and one time, we watched a movie. Since midterms took place the past weeks for me, I have been occupied with them a lot, keeping me away from Chace often. Anyways, we did a lot of couple things when we were together, but I knew I couldn't just assume we were in a relationship, so I needed to talk to someone who has had a relationship before. "Since you two have been friends before, it's a different to my relationships, but I am not sure what to call it, actually. Has he said something about it yet?"

"No." I inform her. "Chace is turning twenty-one, so I can't seriously expect him to ask me to be his girlfriend, right? Isn't that a high school thing?"

"Maybe. Have you tried talking to him?"

"Not yet. I don't want to be clingy or anything, you know. But I'd like to know what we are. We sure aren't friends and from all the rumours on campus, Chace sure isn't known to be the relationship kind of guy." After all the making out we've done, I know we are far from being friends anymore. But is one date and a confession of feelings enough to assume this is a relationship?

"Okay, you can't assume things after hearing rumours about Chace. He has a past, I know, but this guy is different when he's with you. Trust me on this one." I asked her why she was so sure, to which she only scoffs. "Chace hasn't even glanced at any other girls since this thing between you two started. The only ass he's been staring at is yours, Lucy." He stared at my ass? "He did." oh shit, I said that out loud. "But to answer your question, I really don't think there's a name for the phase you two are in. But you have nothing to be insecure about. Chace only wants you. From my point of view, it won't take him very much longer to call you his girlfriend." She winks playfully and I smile. Fuck, I really wanted this.

These past three weeks with him have been amazing. In lunch, he randomly started sitting with me at the table I always sit at, soon joined by his two best friends. I didn't question him, but I also didn't complain. Having an hour with him after a long morning of classes was pure bliss. He always asks me how I was doing and if there's anything new. I usually return the question and somehow, we always end up having an hilarious conversation. Chad and Miles were so comfortable and chilled with us, having all of us laughing.