Chapter 14 I "A picture of the happy couple?"

"Everyone, go settle down in the backyard." I could hear grandma shout out for everyone to hear when I walked down the stairs. With my heels I wasn't quick, but I would dare fall down right now. Wait, this way I could miss the wedding. I should just attempt to run down the stairs what will surely make me break a leg- No! "There you are Lucy!" A million different thing were perfect to say right now for example teasing my brothers for dressing up, knowing they hate it. I could joke about all the effort that was made for a marriage that won't last, or how annoying mom was, but none of these thoughts came out. Right now, these thought also weren't important enough to waste my time on saying them. All that matters right now was that it was Chace Donovan looking at me in a way no guy has ever looked at me. Whatever was going through his head right when he looked at me was completely unknown to me, but I also didn't care. The only thing that mattered was how fucking good it felt to have him look at me this way. Everything you wanted to feel like when you're dressed in a red dress what was Chace's look made me feel. I knew I dressed up and must look different than usual, but just when Chace looked at me, I realized that I actually felt beautiful.

Was it that small smile on his lips? Was it the fact that he seemed to only have eyes for me? was it the way his eyes went up and down my body? I had absolutely no idea. I just wanted him to keep doing just that. I didn't even notice myself walking down the rest of the stairs until I reached the bottom of it while Chace still leaned against the dinner table where all my other brothers were already waiting. It seemed like Chace was just talking to them until we made eye contact and if I would have a minute alone right now, I'd use it to jump up and down, squealing like a little girl.

He looks so good right now. I mean he weirdly always manages to look good, but right now when he was all dressed up I nearly drooled. Every girl would have drooled, and I bet my annoying cousins will surely be jealous when they see who I showed up with. He was so damn handsome. What was it about a guy in a suit that has my knees go weak? "Fuck this. Can't we just leave." Erics pleasant comment makes me snap out of my bubble where I couldn't keep my eyes off of Chace and get reminded of the reality. The wedding. "She won't even notice if a few of us are missing."

"Nonsense." Grandma objects when she walks out of the kitchen again. "All of you go sit down. We want to get this over with now." She urges and her choice of words are perfect. Just get this over with. My brothers all let out a group groan, but then head to the backyard where a tent was set up with heating and everything for the ceremony to take place. One by one they go outside through the backdoor until it was only Chace and I left, since he didn't move and I wouldn't do it on my own.

"You look beautiful." At first I wasn't sure if it was me who said those words or somebody else in the room, thinking it was unbelievable for Chace to tell me this. But when my head snaps over to him, I knew it was really him. The last time he made me such a compliment when he was nearly passed out in his car after I picked him up in the middle of the night. But even then, he called me pretty, now it was something completely different. Pretty and beautiful, huge difference.

"Thank you." My cheeks must be red, there was no doubt. My shy answer must be the reason for the smirk comes to his perfect lips before he leans off the table and steps closer to me.

"Come on." He says amused and start leading us outside, with his hand laying on my lower back. Shit, why doesn't he do this more often. Just this little touch managed to have my heart racing all over again and it didn't even bother me to enter the beautiful tent with all the seats on each side of the isle. My father stood by the altar already, talking to one of his friends, but I could only care about Chace and his hand on my body. On our way I get greeted by some of the people, mostly people from my family and some close friends I know from other parties, but apart from a small greeting or a smile, I don't say anything else, too bothered with Chace's gentle touch. Eric waves both of us over to where we are supposed to sit. I chose to sit on the left side with all the guests from my mom's family side, so I could sit with my siblings. I thanked Eric and Marcus about a thousand times when I wasn't forced to take a seat in the first row and switched chairs, so I could hide behind them. Now with Chace and Gabriel on each of my sides, I felt better about this whole absurd event. "Are you okay?" Chace asks quietly, so no one but me hears it.