Chapter 16.2 I "You're nervous."

I remember the day I was supposed to have my presentation and how nervous I was. No, I wasn't nervous, I was scared. But right now, I was simply nervous, but in a way I have never been before. It was a good nervous to be honest. My limbs were all tingling more with every step I got closer to the door I am supposed to walk through. I know I had to get inside this room to see him, but it wasn't as easy as it sounds. My nervousness to face him was just there because I had no ide what to say. Should I tell him to kiss me again? Because I really wanted that. Should I lecture him for not asking my permission before he kissed me? No, that would be ridiculous. I had more than enough time to push him away before he kissed me, not that I would have wanted to.

I had exactly two more minutes before the lecture will start, so I had to hurry up and head down the rest of the hall. I already saw the door where I assume Chace to be in already, but this made my hands get super sweaty right now. Briefly, I wipe my hands on my jeans and take a few more deep breaths until I stood in front of the door. Okay, here I go. I push the handle down and push the door open, being met by an already full classroom. Automatically, my eyes make their way to the right corner, knowing that's where Chace always sits. A spark rushes through my body, causing me to freeze for a second in my position when my eyes stare into his green one. He must have already looked at the door, because our eyes connect right away.

Once again, I was unable to function when he looks at me, similar to the moment after or kiss and I blankly stare back at him. Chace on the other hand is also acting just like he did after our kiss. Amused by my reaction, a smirk comes to his face when he watches me closely still standing in the doorway, leaving me with rosy cheeks. "Lucy, you alright?" Kent, one of the guys in this class suddenly asks me after h walked past me inside the room, confused by my frozen state.

He makes me come back from my daze and wit my eyes still looking at Chace, I mumble "Yeah, sorry." Before I look away and make my way to my seat in the last row on the opposite side of Chace. Just knowing he is only a few meters away from me made it so hard for me to stay still in my seat. When Mrs. Petosa starts her lesson, I thought my nervousness would at least calm down a little, but no. If anything happens, then I'd say it only got worse when I feel two eyes looking at me. I didn't have to look over to him to know he had his eyes on me. He likes me. I remember that he actually likes me. He must have his reasons to look at me then, I think. At first, I think it's just temporary, but when I still felt his eyes linger on me every now and then when the lesson was already going for an hour, I started to fidget more in my seat. Just knowing he was watching me caused me to get even more nervous and everything I did just seemed so weird to me. I tried taking notes, but every second word was written wrong, and I took out my eraser but clumsily dropped it on the floor with my shaking hands. This was all Chace's fault.

A flustered mess was what he made me be. I knew this lesson is three and a half hours long, so after more than an hour I had enough. I needed to concentrate and with his lingering eyes, I wasn't able to do this. So when I dropped a pen for the second time now, I let out a frustrated sigh and turn my head in his direction. Just as I expected, he had his eyes on me, looking at me amused. I knew he saw all my clumsy acts throughout this lesson so far, making me feel embarrassed. When he sees me looking at him, his smile only grows. He knew he was the reason for my behavior, clearly enjoying this state, but I had to put an end to it. "Stop it!" I mouth in his direction. I know he hasn't really done anything, but he knew what I was talking about. The kiss already kept my thought occupied enough, so his eyes were too much. To make everything even worse, Chace shamelessly just winks at me again. What is that supposed to mean anyway? Is he flirting with me? Oh god, I was so clueless with all of this and his handsome face wasn't helping my racing heart at all.

Hoping he will give me a little break; I just turn back to my notes but fail on concentrating again. I made the decision to just copy someone else's notes. "Now I would like to talk about the next few weeks of this course." Mrs. Petosa starts, having my attention. "Since the group projects turned out extremely well, I thought you'll do another one. Just as the last time, I expect you to write and essay and have a presentation." She enthusiastically caps her hands at her own idea. Group project, yay. "Now I am going to pair you up in groups of two again." She announces but stops. "Yes, Mr. Donovan. Do you have a question?" Chace has everyone's eyes on him, excluding mine. I couldn't just look at him again, but at least listened to what he has to say. He never said anything in this class, apart from he one time he had the presentation, so it was a surprise to witness this.