Chapter 22 I "You know exactly what my first kiss was like."

Chace's POV

I've never been addicted to anything. I occasionally got drunk with friends at parties, but rarely used alcohol as a drug to escape reality. It's just to have a little fun. The only two times I got drunk to forget was when I got a text from my stupid father a few years ago, and the time when I thought Lucy had a boyfriend. I don't smoke. I have tried cigarettes a few times, each time realizing that it was outright disgusting, nothing more. There was no effect that I enjoyed, I only smelled like shit afterwards. I got high a few times. It was nice. Chad, Miles and I used to do it at the end of each semester, having a little party after the stupid exams. It was fun, but nothing I do on a regular basis since I don't like losing control like this.

Any other harder drunk just weren't for me. I liked football, so my health was important, and I won't ruin my life because of some shit that destroys my organs.

The hardest drug though that surely did nothing good to me, was Lucy. Two fucking long weeks since I have last seen her. Wait, it hasn't even been two weeks. But it's been long enough. The last time I saw her was in the library when we had a fight and since then, I stayed home. It was easy to escape this situation since I had to stay home anyway. Well, if the whole thing with Lucy hasn't happened, I would have been to school again after a week. But since I haven't seen or talked to her, I stayed home the second week as well, making my doctor and mom happy. My health was back to normal. My head hasn't hurt in a while now, at least not from the stupid concussion. The absence of Lucy though, fucking hurt. It felt like shit, not seeing her.

I haven't even heard about her. As I hung out with Miles and Chad, they didn't speak about her, not that I expected them to, but when they mentioned their economics class, Miles said her name, but immediately stopped. We haven't talked about what happened with her, but I know they sense something. Mom was curious too. Since I have known Lucy, I haven't went more that a few days without seeing her, but now that I didn't even mention her name and she hasn't come over, she knows something was up. I didn't tell her though.

Since I didn't have much to do, she's been on my mind a lot. Thinking of her made me damn angry, only ending up with me missing her like crazy. I was addicted to her, that's what I'd call it. This addiction and craving to see her and be close to her, made me pick up the stupid book on my nightstand. My problem with reading got better the more I practised, and since I loved listening to her reading, I did it myself. I read those stupid books for her, so we'd have one more thing in common. Okay, the books weren't stupid, they were good actually. But reading myself was exhausting and less entertaining than listening to Lucy.

In these two weeks I read three Harry Potter books and even though the status of our relationship technically wasn't definite anymore, I still worked on her birthday present. For me, we were still very much together, and I won't give this up. I was angry, and this anger made me avoid her. Don't blame me though. I missed her badly, but since she didn't come up to me, I also wouldn't do it. She was the one, who wanted to break up, not me. And I was actually glad she hasn't come by yet, since the possibility of her calling it quits was too high. "Man, come over, they party is about to start." Miles says, first thing after I answer his call.

"It's not even eight." I scoff. No good party starts at eight, so I won't get over to my actual home until eleven.

"Just get over here, the cheer squat just came over and about to get in the hot tup." He informs me. Cheersquat? Fuck, if Lucy is getting in that hot tup, I'll lose my shit. That pool is full of jizz, since my roommates have a habit of hooking up in this thing in the middle of the night, thinking they're the only ones. The though of fucking in that pool always excited me, but now that it's only Lucy who I want to fuck, I changed my mind. I don't want her to get in the water that's fifty percent come. I must have stayed quiet for too long, when Miles chuckles. "Don't worry, Lucy's not here." He knows how I'd feel about her getting in this thing with the guys from the frat, especially that fucker Conner who's still trying to get into her pants. "Just get over here. You need to stop thinking about her for one night. I promise it'll be better." Miles is the only guy I know who had been in a proper relationship yet, so he's the only one who can give me advice. He must be right. I need to stop thinking about her, so I got up and got ready to go over to the party. Truth is, I only go there, hoping Lucy will be there too. It's been to long since I have last seen her.