Chapter 20.2 I"That would be me."

Chace's POV

"Hi, how was practise?" I got greeted as I walked through the front door.

"Fine." I tell her when I drop my backpack to the floor. Friday is never a day I'd spend here, always being over at the frat for some party, but I knew Lucy was here. Lucy changes everything. Because of her I ditched parties, because of her I spend more time in my childhood home, because of her I practically ran home after practise was over. I quickly scan the kitchen and living room, seeing if I found her anywhere around, but don't get lucky. Mom didn't let her go home, did she?

"We had dinner already, but I have a plate ready for you in the fridge you can heat up." I only half listen to her. "She fells asleep again." Four words were enough before I stormed up the stairs. A rush of relief goes through my body, seeing her curled up in my bed still. I thank myself for putting her in my bed last night. She was ice cold, so she needed to be somewhere warm. My room was warmer already than the guestroom and I also turned up the heat for her. I looked up what any allergies to pain medicaments does to someone's body and found out all the possible symptoms. Lucy showed a lot of them.

I haven't slept last night and went down to check on her. Right when I went to grab something to drink, she woke up and I didn't miss her wince in pain. I wouldn't have let her stay in the living room any longer. I still couldn't sleep well after I knew she was in my bed, but already better than before. I kept thinking about her. How small she looked in my big bed and how little space she occupied. I would have done anything to be next to her then, but couldn't. Not after everything that happened between us. I was an asshole to her and won't make it worse by sneaking into a bed without her consent when she's under the influence of drugs.

I kept quiet and gently closed the door. There was nothing I wanted to do more than laying down beside her. The last two weeks were exhausting and adding my pathetic attempt to stay away from her in Boston, I was just happy to finally see her. Now after all this time, I finally could relax. Simply knowing she's here and close to me made an inner calmness take over my body.

After a long day of classes and exhausting practise, I wanted nothing more than to change out of my clothes. The heating was on full blast, making my room terribly hot, so I shrug my sweater off, as well as the shirt underneath. When I reach the zipper of my jeans, I pause. She could wake up. Would it be so smart to be naked in front of her first thing when she wakes up? Probably not. After a second thought I go inside my closet and change my pants but leave a shirt. I couldn't handle the temperature otherwise. I was starving and seeing that homemade food instead of some crap was waiting for me, I wanted to go downstairs to eat. But first I walked over to my bed. She curled up on the right side, with her knees tugged to her chest. She looked content. She looked cute with slightly swollen cheeks, but nothing too dramatic. But she was also pale. As I touched her forehead, she was just as cold as last night what made me worry. "Mom, she's still really cold." I tell her when I come downstairs.

"Did she drink the tea?" I shrug because I haven't checked. "It's really weird. She shouldn't still be showing this many symptoms." She mumbles when I start eating. "If she doesn't get better, I'll call her doctor tomorrow. That's concerning." Hearing this, I open my phone and start doing some more research. In fact, everyone said she should get back to see her doctor if the symptoms won't stop within forty-eight hours. "I have a timer for her meds. She needs to have them in three hours." This would mean she'll have to wake up at eleven pm. She didn't look like she'd wake up anytime soon, but without a second thought I put a time on my own phone nonetheless.

"I'll do it." I tell her and quickly finish my food. Thankfully I don't get questioned anymore, so I disappear upstairs again. I should go to the guest room where I spend last night. I should give her the space she needs. The space she gave me to think.