CHAPTER 3

Volleyball is one of the most popular sports in Japan. This sport became very popular in Japan. So it's not surprising that almost every campus has a volleyball club and is trying to penetrate the 1st league team and the Japanese national team.

The one who had broken through was a Yuki Ishikawa.

The man number 8 has become part of the Japanese national team at the age of 19 years. Last year he made his first appearance for Japan against China and he contributed a lot of points for his team. Yuki Ishikawa's name is already very well known, he became the only Japanese volleyball athlete who immediately started playing in the Italian league after graduating from high school. However, after 1 year in Italy, Yuki decided to return to Japan to join the campus team to defend Chuo University.

When they arrived at the Chuo sports stadium, all the spectators in the stands were almost full. They brought a lot of banner to support their flagship player, and it seemed that many spectators were already waiting for Yuki's arrival after returning from Italy. Likewise with Azumi.

Azumi has been fond of volleyball for a long time, while I, this is the first time I watch a volleyball match live, usually I only watch on tv with my Mom and Dad when the Japanese national team plays, and of course the one they excel at is Yuki Ishikawa.

We were in the D stand and not far from where the Chuo players were sitting. The players were already on the sidelines listening to the coach's directions. Azumi has been looking very excited ever since, besides liking Yuki, she also likes the setter Masahiro Sekita. She really liked the setter's playing technique.

As far as I know, around and Otake will soon join Yuki in the Japanese national team, just waiting for the right time.

"Yuki cheers!!" shouted the audience sitting around me. There was a group of girls who had been mentioning Yuki's name earlier and kept saying Yuki looks cool even just standing on the side of the field.

I can't resist the charm of a Yuki Ishikawa. I just watched it on tv and fell in love with the game, especially if I watched it live.

The match started. Otake's serve didn't work and gave the opposing team a chance to serve. For some reason, my attention was focused on a man with the back number 8.

Azumi was right, I was finally made to really fall in love with Yuki Ishikawa. The way he jump, the way he spike, whatever he does on the court fascinates me. No wonder he has so many fans and is always on camera.

About 2 hours more, the match finally ended with a victory from Chuo University. The players celebrated their victory by taking a group photo in the middle of the field. Yuki seems to be quite close to Iseei Otake. They were in the law department as well as the college's mainstay volleyball players. No wonder they would be that close.

All the spectators in the stands joined in celebrating their victory and I also shouted congratulating them and even occasionally mentioned Yuki's name without realizing it.

The match was really very exciting even I became addicted to watching volleyball matches and the one playing was Yuki Ishikawa.

"So, already a fan of Yuki?" Asked Azumi with a small grin as the two of us exited the stadium and headed for the campus cafeteria which was very close.

"I finally know how you felt the first time you watched it" I replied with a big smile "How can he play so well like that"

"Because he is an ACE," said Azumi who highly respected Yuki.

The two of us arrived at the cafeteria and ordered orange juice and sat down at one of the tables near the exit.

"He already has a girlfriend?" I asked curiously.

"Not yet. Even so far he has never been reported to be close to women. What I see, he always avoids questions about his closeness to women, but after I followed some of his fanpages, they said that Yuki often likes Sakura's posts on Instagram," Azumi explained.

"Sakura? Woah, she's so beautiful" I complimented

"You're prettier, Luna"

Azumi's compliment immediately made me smack her lightly. I'm not at all interested in any compliments Azumi gives me.

"Tsk tsk, look at you. I wonder why a woman like you still avoids being called beautiful?"

"I'm not a beautiful woman the type of Japanese people in general" I said honestly. I don't think I'm a female criteria that many Japanese men like. Most Japanese men prefer women who look cute, have a small and slender body. As for me? I look more mature than cute. I also have a slightly taller stature than most Japanese women and also my weight is not like their average. I'm not skinny but I'm not fat either. That said, I have a slightly plump body and my cheeks will look chubby if I smile really wide.

"Therefore, you are said to be rare" Azumi exclaimed with a small laugh "I heard you were being approached by Leo?" she asked.

Leo is a student from Indonesia who became an exchange student between Indonesia and Japan. He's also from the same department as me, and since we happen to share the same language, I'm quite familiar with him and occasionally introduce him to Japanese.

"He's Indonesian, Azumi. What's wrong with me being good friends with him?"

"Apart from being fellow Indonesians, he seems to be interested in you. Luna, just so you know, I have eyes that can see every man's gaze when he falls in love with a woman," said Azumi.

I just sighed not wanting to ignore Azumi's chatter.

"By the way, do you want to join Yuki's fansign tomorrow?" asked Azumi.

"Tomorrow? Have you got the ticket?"

"The ticket is easy, don't worry"

"Hmm.. well, at least I can get Yuki's autograph and show it off to my parents. They really like it."

"It would be crazier if you wanted to show it directly" said Azumi jokingly.

"Azumi!"

TO BE CONTINUE.