CHAPTER 23

Azumi came home around 6 pm. I didn't wait for Yuki's arrival like Azumi's instinct. My house is tidy because Azumi kindly told me to rest and she cleaned my little house. I sat down on the sofa after having crossed my mind about my news with Angga in the gossip account. I just checked my phone today and I got a message from Angga.

Are you okay with the news? I'm sorry to make you feel uncomfortable.

I immediately replied.

I'm fine. You don't have to worry that the news won't bother me.

Once again I checked the news along with the photos and read the various pro and con comments about the news. I'm a person who doesn't care about untrue news, I also don't want to ruin my friendship with Angga.

It turned out that Angga had already clarified on his Instagram story and explained to his fans that I was his best friend in Japan. I think Angga's explanation is clear enough and I don't need to do anything else.

When I was busy scrolling through my Instagram, I chose to stalk Yuki's official account, because the man's private account was locked and I couldn't see it. I look at every post he uploads mostly with his team. Without me knowing it, I was already smiling broadly at the posts.

My doorbell rang and without thinking I immediately opened the door. I shouldn't have been surprised who was standing in front of my house, but in fact I was.

Yuki smiled awkwardly at me as I looked at him in surprise "Have you eaten?" he asked. I glanced at the white bag he was carrying. "Not yet" I answered.

Not long after, I sat down to see him busy in my little kitchen preparing dinner. His hands are very agile when it comes to cooking, I've actually seen him cook on tv stations, but I thought it was just a setting until finally tonight he proved it to me.

"Ahh that... chili" I said when Yuki saw a small bottle of boncabe. I grimaced "Indonesian people really like spicy food" I explained.

"Should I put it in?" he asked.

"No need, you don't like spicy" I replied.

The man nodded and continued to cook.

The food smelled good when that man served it at the dinner table. I couldn't stop smiling at the sight of stir-fried vegetables, fish fried in Japanese soy sauce, and some seafood such as stir-fried prawns. Yuki gave me a big bowl of rice "You have to eat a lot"

"Is it okay if I get fat again?"

"It doesn't matter as long as you're healthy" he answered busy scooping rice.

"Wow .. enjoy a good meal" I said so happy without realizing I've eaten very voraciously tonight. "Your cooking is better than mine" I commented.

"I'm used to living alone in Italy, so I'm not surprised if I'm good at cooking," he replied praising himself.

I smiled in agreement and went back to enjoying my dinner. Subconsciously, I momentarily forgot the misunderstanding that was going on between the two of us. We were both busy enjoying our lunch.

**

After eating, Yuki returned to busy in the kitchen to wash the dishes. While I was just watching him while sitting on the sofa, he really wouldn't let me do anything. As he turned his back on me, I could see his shoulders were broad and plump. Azumi said, Yuki is one of the athletes with an athletic body, and this time I admit it. That man was wearing a black t-shirt and jeans making him look very suitable.

Yuki finally finished his work. He looked awkward again as I continued to watch him as he came up to me. He didn't immediately sit next to me but stood as if he was ready to accept my punishment. His innocent face made me want to laugh.