CHAPTER 32

My meeting last week with Yuki was my last meeting after Yuki was difficult to contact because he would be busy with world events. The city of Tokyo became bustling and people were already celebrating this big sporting event. Last night, the opening of the Olympics took place and it went smoothly and was amazing. Japan shows its high-level technological capabilities to the world that can make people watch it and are amazed, deeply acknowledging the results of Japanese technology.

Me and Azumi, Ray, and Aunt Tyas came to watch Japan's match against Venezuela. We got a seat some distance away from the court, but I didn't mind as long as I could see Yuki.

About 15 minutes later, both teams ran onto the pitch and started warming up in the middle of the pitch. This is the first time, I've seen Yuki Ishikawa play the captain of the national team. Silently, my eyes welled with tears as I watched the number 14 man busy talking to his team members, as if they were discussing their game tactics later.

Seeing Yuki as captain somehow makes me feel proud. He fits perfectly with the title Captain Ishikawa. His demeanor also became more calm, but it was clear that his eyes were on fire preparing to start the world competition.

"That's Yuki, Luna?" asked Aunt Tyas, who was watching a volleyball match live for the first time. The middle-aged woman was very excited.

"Yes" I replied smiling.

"Woah, should Auntie be proud because my future son-in-law is a captain?" she asked jokingly.

The match in the first round started with a serve from Ran Takahashi who is the youngest player who just made his debut last year. Ran Takahashi is a highly reckoned athlete and it is mentioned that he will be the next Yuki Ishikawa. The game is almost exactly the same as Yuki's game. It seems Yuki has managed to become a role model for young players.

Throughout the match, we supporters of the Japanese team did not stop being excited, especially when Japan was far ahead of the opposing team. About 2 hours more, the match finally ended with 3 sets, Japan won over Venezuela. The Ryujin Nippon team celebrated their victory by taking a group photo in the middle of the court.

***

That night, while I was busy looking at my shots in the match this morning, my phone vibrated and I got a message from Azumi. I sighed as I grabbed my phone. I knew Azumi would definitely give me the latest news and it would definitely be about Yuki.

See!!! Suddenly, Instagram and Twitter are full of Yuki's news. My dear Luna, Yuki has slowly gone global among women. Prepare yourself HAHAHA

I who read it laughed at Azumi's message trying to make me panic, but instead I felt like it sounded like good news. Who wouldn't love Yuki? Besides he is my boyfriend, he is a handsome man, an athlete and captain of the national team. Everyone will be fascinated when they see the game.

I took a deep breath while looking for Yuki's contact. The last time we texted each other was 3 days ago, and even then I have to message him first and I will get a reply in about an hour. This time, I messaged him again.

I enjoyed the match. It's the first time I've seen my boyfriend play the captain of the court in person. Keep fighting! Oh well, I'm sorry, I can't come to the next game. I had promised Emi and the others to watch together at the nursing home. We will support you!

I sent a long message that I typed. A few seconds later, Yuki suddenly called me. I was quite surprised to receive a call from him.

"I just read your message," said the man whose voice I had missed.

"Woah, you read it quickly" I replied.

"I actually wanted to message you, but you messaged me first. I just wanted to ask you, where were you sitting during the match earlier?" he asked.