CHAPTER 31

The rest of the week to welcome the world's games in Tokyo. The city of Tokyo has begun to be crowded with newcomers who want to watch sports matches. The Japanese government has also prepared carefully for the welcome of the Olympics, which is an event that is highly coveted by all athletes. The euphoria of the Japanese people is also very high and can't wait to watch the match later, and so am I.

Along the way, I saw many flags from all over the world being flown. Newcomers also began to crowd the side of the highway to just take pictures or travel throughout the city of Tokyo. The bus I was riding stopped, and it took me about 10 minutes to walk until I reached the athlete's village, where all the athletes gathered.

It was the first time I'd seen how big the place was, and of course a lot of people were willing to wait outside in hopes of seeing their favorite world athlete.

I brought the food that I had prepared for my boyfriend and went into the backyard according to Yuki's suggestion. While waiting in the back building, I had already prepared the food I had been cooking since this morning. Luckily, there are tables and chairs in the back building. I noticed that quite a number of athletes also took the time to hang out in this place with their relatives and even their boyfriend/girlfriend.

"Luna" Yuki called me and he smiled at me then kissed my forehead. I smiled looking at him who sat in front of me "Why so many?" he asked not stop smiling happily.

"This is for both of us" I replied smiling and then handed him the chopsticks.

Without waiting long, Yuki ate my food voraciously.

"You really haven't eaten?" I asked surprised to see he really enjoyed our lunch.

"Yes. I purposely didn't eat in the canteen because I was waiting for you" he answered while chewing

"How was your training?" I asked again.

"Running smoothly. We are very much ready for next week's game."

"I will pray for you with all my heart"

"You're going to watch me, right?" he asked.

I smiled while nodding "Fortunately, Risa's wedding will be held in 2 weeks, so at least I still have a week to watch your match"

A few days ago, Risa contacted me and told me the results of a family meeting about her and Andre's marriage. She said that the wedding would be postponed for a few days because Andre's family from Canada had a busy schedule that couldn't be postponed.

Yuki just nodded in understanding and continued eating.

I was silent for a moment and watched Yuki.

"I know you're looking forward to the day you make it to the Olympics, and you're just a few steps away from making it happen. I know... if you work really hard this time, moreover your role as captain in the Olympics is not easy." I exclaimed.

Yuki also watched me silently as I started to get carried away.

"I just want to say I as your girlfriend was very proud of you" I continued and smiled broadly.

Yuki smiled back "I will show my best. I promise"

"But... I don't want you to push yourself. I mean, I hope whatever happens later, you don't blame yourself" I continued quietly

After knowing him for so long, I know what type Yuki is. He is a person who is full of responsibility, and has a very high passion. You could say he is the type of perfectionist in several ways, including volleyball and his determination to win. Actually that's a very good thing, but there are places where it will make him blame himself if it doesn't live up to his expectations.