Chapter 4

Latte kept pestering me about what had happened. It's none of her business anyway. I wished my ears would stop twitching too, she knows that what happens once something happens. Usually it means someone pet you, so that's maybe why she's so eager to know.

"Look Latte, nothing happened really." I started to glare at her. I put my hands in the pockets of my coat (oh it looks like I forgot to say I had a coat on. Tsk, it's fine) though I felt a little piece of paper. Weird. I won't look at it till we get home though.

Latte kept bothering me on and on about what happened until we got home. I dashed up to my room so she wouldn't have time to catch up. I locked my door and sighed.

I took the piece of paper out of my pocket. It was a little note.

Hi Ess~ I absolutely loved the time I spent with you so why don't we talk more often?" -Madeleine

He really left a note in my pocket? Just for this little note? I looked to the bottom of the paper, it had his phone number on the bottom.

No damn way..he really wants to spend time with me? If it's only because of how I reacted to how he was petting me then I'll kick his ass. Though I've never felt someone pet so passionately... not to mention it felt really nice..

Whatever. I'm not going to go crazy over some guy. I sat on my bed and tapped my feet. Should I call? Well I guess I just left and I don't want to seem desperate.

Even though I kind of am..

I sat there and stared at the note. Why? If anyone else did that then I would've thrown it away..maybe it's because of the tone he gives me..it shows that he like, interested in my reaction. As if he enjoyed seeing me like that.

I even enjoyed it..I tried to get as much as possible. I looked outside, I guess it is getting dark. I watched the rest of the sunlight sink behind the trees. A wave of dark and gloomy clouds washed the bright pinks and oranges from the sky, leaving there to only be blacks and blues.

I watched the trees away in the wind. It must be strong since I can hear it whistle from outside. I opened my window and let the cold breeze soar and concur my room. It felt nice, like soothing in a way. It felt to peaceful.

My room darkened. Leaving only the moon, bright as ever to light my room. I tapped on my window seal, resting my head on top of it. My ears always peeked every time a car would pass, a tree branch fell, and every owl hooting in the night sky. It was a peaceful night.

Nothing to bother the silence. I want to go out there and let it embrace me. It seems just to perfect to stay inside like this. So I got up. I quietly left the house and let the night winds surround me. How nice, it was rather peaceful.

No one is really out as of now. No one to say anything about my tail swaying, or my ears flicking. The type of peace I've been needing for such a long time. I took a small walk.

I walked up the hills that would peak to the moon, the low streets where if you had tried to dig down you'd find water. It's most definitely below sea level.

I walked up another hill, just high enough to reach the tops of people's houses. I leaped on top of the closet roof. I quietly leaped from house to house, watching the cars pass by on the streets bellow. It is quite the peaceful night, and I really should do this more often.

I circled back to the house, sure I didn't want to go back but I didn't want to rush being caught outside so late by my mother.

I came into the house and went back up to my room. I sat down and heard a crinkle. I got up, it was the note.

It's late but..I guess I could try..

I picked up my phone and dialed the number and let it ring. I tapped anxiously, sort of hoping he wouldn't pick up. Though I wanted him to answer..why are emotions such a struggle?

"Hello?" The phone chimed which startled me.

"Hi Madeline uh it's me Espresso." I said pretty awkward.

"Oh hi! Why are you calling so late? If you don't mind me asking of course"

"Pff why did you pick up?"

"I wouldn't want to miss a call! Come on Ess, answer the question."

"What can I say? I'm a cat I stay up late. Plus I was bored."

"So you decided to call me? You liked my company didn't you?"

"Obviously."

"Don't get smart with me."

"I'm smarter than you and your mom combined."

"Is that supposed to be some crappy "your mom" joke?"

"Maybe..I don't know it was the first thing that came to mind. Though if it makes you mad then I guess it can be."

"Your so rude. Maybe you should be nice, especially with that cute face if yours~" A shiver sent up my body.

"What's with the tone?"

"You know, just to make you all red~ when you were here I could tell it would be easy to get you all flustered~"

"How would you know if I were to be blushing?" Even though I definitely was.

"Want to bet on it?"

"..no"

"Exactly. Heh, I'd like to see you again. Why not tomorrow? Oh you want to go to that local coffee shop? The one you were at with Latte?" Is he...asking me out?!

"Oh yeah of course..! This isn't only because you liked petting me is it?"

"Well I absolutely adored that reaction of yours, it was so cute of you~ Though no, I'd like to spend time with you!"

Why? Why would he want to...

"Hm..well what time?"

"How about 11am?"

"Sure I'm free then"

No way..I have a date with some guy I just met! I could feel my cheeks get hotter and hotter the more I thought of it. Though I'll have to keep my guard up. Who knows what he could just randomly pull. I've been through it before..