Chapter 8

The next morning I woke up, but something felt off. I looked down to see I was curled up in Madeline's arms. I squirmed out of his grip as my tail fluttered around. What if he had woken up? What if someone had seen me in that position? I could never forgive myself for letting any of that happen! Madeline rose up slowly and yawned. "Mind telling me why you decided to sleep with me?!" I growled at him. "Ah I'm really sorry. You had kind of clung onto me, most likely because of the state you were in, so I just gave in." He shook his head and sighed. "Though it was really inconsiderate of me to do that."

Wow he's really sorry! I mean I wasn't really bothered through the night. If I slept fine then I really don't care too much. Plus I know him! So it really doesn't make me that uncomfortable. "Well it's considerate of you to stay!" I said trying to liven his mood. Which had worked. He gave me a smile and pet me. "Why do you like petting me so much?" I asked. Every cat has curiosity which makes us ask some of the most random questions ever. "Cause your a cat. It's weird how people enjoy petting cats, it's some strange hormone thing. It may be the reaction of the cat though." He said while studying my face. "It's definitely the reaction for me." He shrugged. I rolled my eyes and leaned myself onto his chest. He was surprised by this but let me be.

"But really, thank you for staying." I grumbled. "Your welcome!" I started to quietly purr. I feel weirdly happy around him and I don't know why. "Oh I-or we should go check on Latte." I sat up. "Yeah we should." He got up and we walked over to her room. Madeline knocked on Latte's bedroom door, and there wasn't a response. He peeked inside and the room laid empty. We walked downstairs and there they were. Latte was sleeping with her head on Raspberry's lap as she was watching a movie. "Good morning you two!" She said quietly. "Was Madeline any bother?" She looked at me and whispered. "Not at all, thanks for inviting him on such a short notice." I smiled. Madeline looked a little annoyed that Raspberry would ask such a question but left it. He also appreciated that I didn't mind his company, in fact I was generally so happy he was around at the time. Madeline took a seat next to Raspberry so I sat down next to him.

I started to softly purr as my tail stood high on end. Latte woke up soon after we had sat down. She was a little surprised to see all of us here at the moment, but she gave us a bright smile. She sat up and combed her fingers through her hair. "How'd everyone sleep?" She asked. "I slept fine." "Good." "Fine." Every average answer to that question was given. "Well that's nice! I wished I had went to my bed but oh well." She shrugged her shoulders and slouched down on the couch. "What should we do today? And I sure as hell don't want to go outside because of her.." Latte scoffed. "Wait till she sees who I am now..!" She crossed her arms. "Yeah she'll see how much of a bad ass you are!" Raspberry raised her hands up fiercely. "Hell yeah!" Latte shot up. I shook my head and quietly laughed. As the three snickered about their little joke, a knock came at the door. "I'll get it." Madeline stood up and answered the door.

"Hi! Sorry to bother you, I must have the wrong address. Uhm do you happen to know where Espresso lives? I just really need to talk to him." Grapefruit stood at the door. "You definitely have the wrong address, though I have no clue on where he lives." Madeline said calmly.

"How? Aren't you guys friends?" She put her hands on her hips. "How would you know?" Madeline scowled at her. "I UM-lucky guess? I think he mentioned your name multiple time befor-" "Face it, I don't know where he is." Madeline shut the door on her. "I have the worst feeling from her." He muttered. I snuggled against his arm. Even he doesn't trust her, and he seems to trust everyone! "That's weird...Grape never lived her.." I muttered. That's when it hit me. "She's been watching us, hasn't she?..." I held Madeline's arm tighter. M ears folded down as I just imagined what she'd do this time.

"Hey we'll stay by your side! She won't be able to do anything with me in the way." Madeline whispered gently. He pulled me into a hug and quietly started to comfort me. He stayed by my side until it was night again. I let him sleep with me again. I would stay up in fear of her staring through my window.