Chapter 17

(TW: mentions of rape, abuse, and toxicity)
—————————————————-
"L-look...I think you're a really great guy! So I was wondering..if you'd like to be my boyfriend? I-I mean it's just that..you know...we've been friends for so long!" She smiled awkwardly. My eyes lit up, she really is a sweet girl. "You know what, yeah! You've been there a lot for me, and now, you've really made me realize how much I loved you. Not as a friend, not for your looks, but as a person." I smiled back. She looked at me with wide eyes. "Really!? I thought you were WAY out of my league! I mean you are that is." She started to laugh as I laughed with her. She's too sweet, how could I not like her?
-/—/-
I looked at her, completely shocked. "Why..what did I do?.." I asked silently. "You are trying to run away from me! I can't allow that! We've been together for 2 years now..you're too deep to leave now!" She screamed. "What happened to you!? You're not the same anymore..!" I yelled back. "That doesn't matter anymore! You're mine, and only mine!" She yelled harshly. "And you aren't leaving. You will not go anywhere without me! You're staying here forever. Get used to it!" She walked out of the room.

I saw her confiscating all of my belongings. She grabbed my phone and locked it up in a secure safe. She then glared at me and me motioned to come toward her. She then slipped a metal bracelet around my wrist and locked it in place. "This will shock you every single time you try and leave the house! I'll turn it off with a remote every time we go out. Which means that if you leave me in public, then I'll shock you until you come back!" She grinned. "Also, if you try talking to people, then you'll get shocked. I don't trust you." She then pushed me out of the room. Fuck, what's happening!?
-/—/-
Why'd she call me into her room? "Yes?" I asked, scared for the life of me. "It's time for us to do something...special with each other!" She smiled. "And that would be...?" I hesitantly asked.

In all of my horror, she suddenly pulled out a fucking condom. "It's about time we did this anyway."
-/——\-
I woke up in a panic. My breathing began to quicken as my mind replayed the memory over and over again. No, no, no, no, no! I don't..want to experience that again..!

(Madeline's pov): Shit! I got way, way to caught up in that stupid walk! I knew I shouldn't have agreed! I rushed back home to check on him. I got into the house as quickly as possible and ran upstairs. Please tell me he's alright...

I burst into the room to see him curled up, letting out hitched sobs. I was quick to get on the bed and hug him. "Madeline!.." He said between sobs. "Hey, hey..breathe okay? I'm here.." I quietly said. He began to cling onto me tighter and started to cry a bit harder. "I don't want to see it again, I don't want to relive it! I don't, I don't, I don't!" He repeated in the midst of his crying. I slowly began to stroke through his hair. "Stop thinking about all the bad things Ess. Think of something that you enjoy. It could be winter, the woods, beaches, stars, anything." I whispered. Slowly, his fast breathing began to slow as his crying seemed to come to an end. "There you go, just like that. You're doing great." I softly rubbed his ears to calm him even more. "I'm so sorry I left, Ess. I really didn't mean for this to happen." I apologized. "No, I told you to leave..i-it's my fault really." He mumbled back. "It's just..w-when you were gone, I went to s-sleep again. T-though the memories from G-grapefruit came back.." I heard him begin to tear up again. "Just stop thinking about it Ess. It's better if you leave those memories to be forgotten." I said. "But they'll never go away! N-no matter what I do, or how much I try, nothing w-works! It's pointless!" He yelled angrily, but not at me. I knew not to take offense to his little outburst, it was more towards himself. "You know, it's fine if you don't. In fact, it may be better if you don't. It'll only make you stronger than you already are, and you're very strong already. Before you know it, the smaller things that used to be upsetting won't be. You'll be unbreakable. It will hurt like hell to get over, but trust me, you can do it." I smiled lightly. He went silent for a good while, but I don't mind.

"I can't thank you enough." I suddenly heard him mutter. "No matter what I say to you, it's not true. I may call you annoying, but there's no world or any place in my mind that'll think that full- heartedly. No matter how mean I am to you, just never believe what I say. You are the best thing that has ever came into my life. I never thought I'd get so close to anyone, or any thing like this. I don't understand how you put up with me. But however you do, never stop." He quietly said. I looked at him with wide eyes before smiling brightly. "I can't help but say I feel the same. You are by far one of the best people I've met, and you let me get so close to you at your worst. You managed to trust me after everything that happened to you, and I'm so glad you did." I sweetly said. He silently began to purr. He then slowly inched his way up my chest to my neck, burrowing his head there. I sighed happily. I really wish he never had to go through any of that. Anyone would be traumatized after such an event, and I'm proud that he got through it. Even if he did things to himself that weren't the best, he still made it through. And that's most important.
——————————————————-
Holy shit two in row!!?? Anyway, for any that's confused, me writing like this in the chapter means he's having a memory he's 'reliving' while asleep. The little '-/—/-' means that a new memory is happening. When the memories end, it looks like this '-/—-\-'
Also, here's a little comment on my own writing :)

 When the memories end, it looks like this '-/—-\-'Also, here's a little comment on my own writing :)

Hehe