Chapter 10

Madeline's pov:
————————————
I waited for Raspberry to get back, but she was nowhere. I wondered if she were to come back before the sun set. So I did what any normal person would do. I decided to text her since I'm a normal human being with the feelings of worry.

Madeline
Where are you? I thought you'd be back sooner.

Raspberry
I just need to see more! She walked off and I just had to follow. Don't be mad please!

Madeline
I'm not mad, just concerned. Just please stay safe. I'm not sure if Latte would be able to get through this crisis without you, plus it'd add to our problems.

Raspberry
So you just all so suddenly don't care about my death?

Madeline
WHEN DID I SAY THAT?

Raspberry
YOU SAID THAT ONLY LATTE WOULD CARE! WHAT ABOUT YOU OR ESPRESSO?!?

Madeline
You are so stupid.

Raspberry
Says you!

Madeline
Alright whatever. All jokes aside, just be careful.

Raspberry
Don't worry! I work under the Scarlet's Blade! I'm trained for this type of stuff.

Madeline
Okay whatever Razzle-Dazzle.

Raspberry
I HATE YOU

Madeline
Awh I love you too!

I quietly laughed and put down my phone. Espresso had cuddled up against my arm, which he's been doing a whole lot lately. I don't mind though, I think it's adorable! I started to pet the beautiful cat snuggled up to me. "You're so fucking cute..." I quietly said to myself so the two couldn't hear. "Shh...Madeline I'm tired don't mutter.." Ess whined. "Pfft..alright Essy." I smiled. I heard a click from a picture being taken. "Latte..." I glared at her. Though Ess didn't seem to care. He just stayed purring on my arm with that sleepy/woozy smile of his. I just want to take a picture of him that's how cute he is.

"I'm sending this to Raspberry!" Latte taunted. She placed a pillow on my other hand, the one that Ess wasn't clung onto. "If you can get my phone without moving the pillow, I'll delete it for good!" She gave me a large smirk. She knew I wouldn't disturb the peace of Ess. "Didn't you already send it to Raspberry?" I scoffed. "Not yet! But if you can't get my phone then it goes to her!" I heard a groan of discomfort come from Ess. "If you hit her hard enough, she'll sleep for a little. Then you can delete the picture..easy." Ess jokingly said in a sleepy voice. "I hate you." Latte grumbled. "Honestly I really don't care about that picture. But Ess might." I looked over to him. "Yes I care...but I don't want to let goo..." He hugged my arm tighter. "It's one of the two Ess." I smiled. I felt him loosen himself. He pushed off of my arm. So I snatched Latte's phone and smirked at her. "Delete the picture dear~" She rolled her eyes and deleted the picture. "I'm still telling her." She muttered. Ess held my arm again once I put it back down. God that's so fucking cute...

I could tell Latte was tempted to take another picture, but she didn't.

Espresso's pov:
————————————
God why did Latte have to make me let go of his arm the first time?! I was so comfortable too...

He put his arm down so I snuggled up to it again. It feels safer if I'm cuddling up to him. Especially because of the present situation. I saw Latte staring at the two of us, so I flipped her off. She gasped and put a hand up to her chest. "Madeleine get your cat! He just flipped me off!!" I could tell the two of us were surprised that Latte said I was HIS cat.. "Wait why did I say that?!? Sorry.." She fiddled around with her fingers awkwardly.

A shiver was sent up my body just thinking about being his...it's like a label. If I were to be his, what would he do? Every human has a downside, and I'm sure he has one too. I stopped holding him so tight. I had a wave of thoughts wash over me. He almost reminds me of Grapefruit...she started off nice, then she turned onto me. "You alright?" Madeline asked. I was about to tell him, but I stopped myself. I nodded my head and held his arm tighter. I feel like he'll turn on me like she did, but it feels so safe with him. I've never felt so safe with anyone. He just helps...and I hate how it feels. I don't want to be left alone again..I don't want to be manipulated again. That's why I don't talk to humans anymore, and is also why I hate when people flirt with me. I don't want to fall in love again, I'm scared of the outcome.

I started to lightly shake. I need more than his arm right now... He picked up on this so he pulled me into a warm hug. I jumped a little hearing the knocks from the front door. Latte bounced up to get it, but hesitated. Madeline sighed and pulled me off of his lap. I was a little sad he had to move, but it was for our safety that the two of us don't answer the door. "Hi.." Raspberry waved, but she had a uncomfortable look on her face. She pointed to her phone and sat down with Latte. Madeline pulled me back onto his lap and looked at his phone for a moment. He then stared at it with an unsettling look. I got worried seeing that. I pulled myself closer to Madeline as he started to pet me.

Madeline's pov:
————————————-
I answered the door to see Raspberry. She looks off...She pointed to her phone and walked to the couch. I'm guessing she texted me on what happened. I sat down again and pulled Ess onto my lap. I checked my phone to see what was wrong.

Raspberry
I just followed her to the weird dungeon...
It has jail cells and...a lot of weapons.
OH SHE'S TRYING TO GET ESPRESSO DOWN HERE
She has this insane obsession over him...oh lord I feel so bad for him.

I put my phone down in disgust. Ess pulled closer to me, so I started to let him. What the hell is wrong with her?!? Is she out of her mind?! I heard Espresso purring. How could anyone hurt someone like him...? He's so precious...so adorable.

His tail waved happily as I rubbed his ears. Latte leaned over and whispered to Raspberry; most likely about the arm thing. As the two giggled about whatever, Ess tugged on my shirt. "Hmm?" I tilted his head up ever so gently. "Can we go to my room?" He asked. "Of course." I picked him up like he was a baby. I carried him up the stairs and place him on the floor once we got into the room. He sat down on the bed and I'm sure he just wanted to cuddle up here. Probably because he wanted to get away from the girls. I sat down on the bed and held out my arms. I was a little surprised when he flung into them. I played with his hair as he purred loudly. He's really clingy right now and I love it~

He inched up my chest and came face to face with me. He buried his head into my neck with a loud purr. Jesus that was adorable...