Chapter 6

I sat there annoyed as Latte ranted about how I talked to a human. I was pretty much ready to scratch the shit out of her. Though I kept my anger to myself and patiently waited for her to leave. After she left, I wasn't too sure on what to do. The ranges of boredom from being a cat is torturing. Though I decided on going to the treehouse I found and read.

Getting there is fun so it will get rid if most of the boredom inside. So I walked out to the woods. I walked through the life filled woods. Some of the leaves had fallen since it was getting closer to winter, but it wasn't that far into fall. So plants still sprouted everywhere.

Things such as clovers, weeds, tulips, lilac, moss, and regular old grass. After admiring my surroundings, I got to the tree. I put the book in my mouth and climbed up the way I did before. I sighed and sat down on the wooden floor. It's tiring getting here.. I'm fine though. Though I heard walking. So I peeked out. To my surprise, it was Madeline.

What's someone like him doing taking a walk through the woods? I accidentally made one of the floorboards creek, making him glance up. "Hey long time no see!" He smiled up to me. I started to jump down. I greeted him at the bottom of the tree.

"Jeez how'd you climb that tree?" He said looking at how tall it was. "I mean it's such a surprise knowing I can climb well, even considering I'm a cat!" I said sarcastically. He snickered and put a hand on my shoulder. "I like your sarcasm." He said leaning down to me.

"My sarcasm? Sarcasm is supposed to come out as rude dimwit." I flicked his forehead. Before he could even react, I continued. "Plus what I said was rude. Most people break out into some pathetic fit when I say things like that. If I keep going for so long you'd probably do the same!" I wonder how long it'll take me to get on his nerves.

"It'd be interesting to see you try. A few rude remarks isn't anything compared to what I went through." He shifted with a smile. "My patience levels are much higher than you'd think. Though I'm not sure if yours are the same." He bent down to my height with a smug look on his face. I used my tail to hit him in the face. "Back off. Looking at you could give some one a seizure." I pushed him lightly.

"Looking at you would make people donate to you since they assumed you were some depressed teen!" He stood up fully, staring down into me with a wide smirk.

"Some would probably offer tutoring lessons to you. I mean honestly you look idiotic not to mention, blondes are categorized to be stupid."

"Though when someone asks 'what's your type' the other will most likely say blondes is their preference!"

I stood there, not knowing what to say. Anything else I said would come out as harsh. Even though we are being openly rude to each other, I don't want to push it. "You gave up huh?" He said slyly.

"Please, I didn't give up. I have various things to say but I'd prefer not to. I don't want you crying yourself to sleep since you seem as sensitive as ever." Sometimes I can just be rude without even realizing. He looked a little surprised by the sudden comment. "Lord aren't you stubborn?" He sat down and leaned up against the tree.

I felt compelled to sit down next to him so I did. "So your going to be rude to me, and then sit down next to me? Which one is it?" He looked over to me. "I can keep going if you want." I glared at him.

"Well of course I don't want you to. I'm just pointing it out." I almost replied with a cold comment, but I really don't want drama as of now. "I'm surprised that you can even climb that high." He said out of the blue.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Look at how high this tree is. It's rather impressive, even considering your a cat." He smiled. I felt flatter by the complement, getting a little red. "Oh stop..it's child's play for cats really!" I said holding back a smile.

"No it's not! Your over the average cat, you just don't want to admit it!" He put a hand on my head and messed with my hair. "Stop it!" I pushed his hand off my head. Even though I was enjoying it, I would never admit it.

He started to pet me like the average way you would pet a cat. I didn't really protest, I just leaned on his shoulder with a smile. I've never enjoyed a human's company this much before. Well..ever since then.

Though it's not time to think of things like that! That's in the past. I'm fine with moving toward.