Chapter 16

I woke up hours later, feeling the weight of Madeline's arms around my waist. I slowly adjusted my position before snuggling back to the warmth of his body. I heard Madeline's breathing slowly beginning to quicken, basically telling me he was awake. "Ess..?" His voice was quite and low, not very surprising considering he just woke up. "Hmm?" I said with around the same amount of volume. "You've been asleep for hours, could we possibly get up?" He teased in a whisper. I rolled my eyes and groaned. "But I don't..want to." I complained. I felt his arms move up and off of me, making me whine at the loss of warmth. I looked up to see his eyes, he still looks half asleep. "Why do you want to get up? You look tired yourself.." I mumbled. "Come on Ess..I ask so little of you.." He pat my head with one of his hands. I stayed silent, there's no way I'm moving.

I heard him groan before he wrapped his arms around me, one at my upper back, the other at my legs. He slowly lifted me up and off of the bed with a sigh. I wrapped my arms around his neck and got as comfortable as possible. "If you don't get up, I'll get Latte~" He hummed. I glanced up to see his smirk, meaning that he was completely serious. "No..! God you suck. Everyone knows the rules of a cat! You don't move when they're cuddled up against you!" I whined. "Aww..though you are still in my arms, refusing to leave! So I only think this is fair!" He exclaimed, seemingly sounding fully awake now. He sat on the bed, and I was more than happy to hug his side to stay upright and against him. I quietly purred, but that happiness was short lived. Latte and Raspberry bursted into the room, tackling the two of us. "We were requested for a wake up caaall!" Latte sung. "Madeline..!" I whispered in his ear, clearly annoyed. "I warned you!" He smiled. I latched onto him, glaring at any other presence. "Calm down Ess! What's gotten you so worked up?" Latte asked. "I'm tired..and I'd prefer to be tired in peace." I grumbled. "You know what? Fine." I sat up and crossed my arms. "Go do whatever, I can sleep myself." I motioned the 3 to go. "Whatever, there's no point in fighting." Raspberry said before dragging Latte out of the room. Once they were gone, I looked over at Madeline. "So?" I said annoyed. "You said you don't want to be in bed for any longer, so go on." I lied down. I heard him sigh and I suddenly felt bad. Wait, no! I'm not going to be all sad because of what he did to himself! I felt the bed slowly rise with a few creaks from the bed springs. I saw him walk and exit the room, leaving me to sleep again. Though everything felt cold, even with a blanket on.

(Madeline's pov): I left the room to leave him to sleep. I don't feel like putting up with his cranky attitude at the moment. Maybe in like 5. But..should I have left him like that? I can't help but feel that this is a bad, bad decision. Though it should be fine! I'm just leaving him to sleep, nothing else. I met up with Latte and Raspberry in the living room. "What's up?" Raspberry asked when seeing me. "Nothing much. I left the rude one to sleep on his own." I joked. Latte snickered. "Yeah, he tends to get like that at times. He'll snap out of it soon enough!" She smiled. "I hope so." I mumbled. "Until then, what should we do?" Raspberry asked us. "Not something too far, in fact I'd prefer to stay here if anything." I said. "So you can stay closer to the love of your life?" Latte teased. "No, I'm just worried. He's been through a ton of shit and all of the memories before are all coming back at once. I promised to be there for him." I sternly said. "Ah-right.." Latte scratched the back of her head awkwardly. "Why don't we go on a very short walk! Get a bit of fresh air while staying close to the house." Raspberry suggested. "If you're really worried, you're welcome to stay here." She smiled sweetly at me. I nodded and looked towards Latte. "I'll come, sure!" She said gleefully. I sighed quietly. He's a fierce person, I'm sure he'll be alright. Plus she promised we'd near the house. If I get too anxious, I'll just come back. "Alright, I'll come." I agreed. "Woo! C'mon, let's go!" Latte said, pulling the two of us out of the house.

(Espresso pov): As I was trying to sleep, I couldn't help but hear all of them talking. They were discussing on what to do after putting a mark down on my mood. Lord, they could at least be mindful and not talk so loud. Especially about someone who's literally in the house. Whatever.

They decided for a walk, and before I knew it, silence was brought into the house. I haven't had no noise in here for a good while. Usually it's comforting, but now it feel unsettling. It's probably my mind just trying to play some trick on me. I'm fine. I finally settled down and relaxed so I could sleep.
——————————————————
I could've finished this at like 2am yesterday but I got distracted on discord and went through my very long friends list 😭