Chapter 5

The next morning I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping. I sat up and looked out the window. Oh, I guess I forgot to close my window last night. Wait...crap don't tell me I slept for so long! I checked the time, it was only 9:54. Okay that's good to know considering I need time to actually get somewhat ready for this little date I have. This is going to be like hell to tell Latte about. I stretched (in the way  a cat would) and got up to go downstairs. As I walked down the steps, Latte looked at me eagerly. She walked over to me, looking around the room like she had nothing to tell me, and then oh so suddenly grabbed my shoulders.

"So, who were you on the phone with last night? Talking to your little cruussshhh!~" I slapped her hands off my shoulders.

"No. You should know better. Especially knowing what happened to me in the past." I walked off to go and eat something. Latte now looks shocked and guilty for saying that I had a crush. Which I can see why.

Well, many years ago I had gotten into a relationship with a girl. Her name was Grapefruit and she wasn't the best person to meet. I was young, only 15 and people are pretty stupid at that age. I thought that she was caring, I thought that maybe she wouldn't sexually harass me with those cat calls. Don't even try to make a pun out of that. We started dating, and that's when she started to show the shit person she was. Oh she tried to bring me into everything! Parties, fights, arguments and all that. Once I said I'd prefer her to leave me out of her own problems, but apparently I don't have free will in that relationship. She started saying she would hurt herself and even kill herself if I wasn't there to help her. I didn't do anything about it, I just sighed and had to continue with this horrid life. Everything that I had, grades, popularity, safety, it was all gone after about a year with her. She didn't let me in roll into colleges so I wouldn't 'cheat' on her. After so long I started to forget everything I knew. I gained it all back but it took me years and years. Anyway, I couldn't break up with her or she'd try to kill Latte and my parents. If that didn't work then she'd kill me. After 2 years..2 whole fucking years with her, I had lost it. She tried to fucking rape me, saying that "it was time" and tried to force it on me with her manipulative ways. So I ran, far. She chased me with a knife through the streets. People saw and called the police and now she's finally gone.

Thank the lord I didn't have to go through it for any longer, she had given me claustrophobia. She would lock me in a small room for hours and hours making go insane. It sucks, I can't go into a small room for 5 minutes without someone. Usually when I have to go in a smaller room with no one I bring a book and don't look up for hours until I'm out of there. It's probably why I like the library so much.

Oh I completely forgot to get ready.

I ran up the steps after eating and got dressed. It's nothing really special, just a white sweater and over coat with black jeans. As I was about to leave, Latte tapped my shoulder. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to the local caffe. I'd prefer to go alone." She nodded, I guess she thinks I'm mad at her for saying I have a crush. "By the way I'm not mad at you." I called out before leaving. I could see her sigh of relief as I closed the door. I walked over to the cafe, pleading to myself no one would say anything. I'm sure some whispered to themselves, but no one said anything. Oh thank the lord, I really didn't feel like dealing with that today.

"Hey Ess!" I heard from the side. I saw Madeline walk over and wave with a smile plastered on his face. I gave him a smaller wave. "Oh you look nice!" He complimented. I slightly blushed but brushed it off.

"Thank you. You look nice as well!" I said with a small smile. He softly chuckled and we went inside. We ordered our drinks, I got what I usually got. I'm pretty sure Madeline got a latte, which is like how? How did people find such a criminal way to use milk! I won't say anything though. There was some awkward silence between us, and I can't strike up a conversation between us. "Oh how's Latte been?" Madeline said breaking that awkward silence. Which, thank the lord.

"She's been great really. Doing what she always does, which is pester people.." I muttered. Madeline over heard and quietly laughed. "Yeah, Latte does bug people a lot. Though she's still nice to hang out with." He aid smiling a little.

"By the way, why didn't you just hand me that note?" I asked, being the curious being I am.

"Oh well that's the fun of the surprise! It's always nice to leave things that people wouldn't expect." He responded pretty calmly. I thought he'd be fumbling around for some excuse but I'm glad I got a proper answer.

We ended up staying there talking for at least an hour before we left. Which is super surprising considering how I don't like humans and stuff. When I got home, Latte walked up to me.

"Hey what took so long?" She asked.

"Well I ran into Madeline. So I gave him some company." Which was sort of true.

"You. Have a human..COMPANY!? No way! You..really? I mean..wow!" Uhg this is why I don't tell people things.

"Yes Latte..now don't go crazy over it." I groaned since she still will.