Ch. 3 - Broken But Beautiful

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"Bullshit!
Who do I need to kill?"

- Jade
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 3 - Broken But Beautiful

▪️N A T A S H A▪️

5 Years Later

The girl known as Natalya was dead.

When I had been given a new identity by Aleksandr, I decided to use the diminutive form of my old name, preferring to be called Natasha, while adopting an entirely new last name.

I was now known as Natasha Tarasova and I was currently in a sex club having a drink.

The background bass of the music vibrated through the second level of The Purple Angel while the low light flickered across the room. With a small smile on my face, I observed how a nearby couple danced and made out.

"God damn, Aleksandr is looking fuckable tonight!" Jade whispered in my ear; her arm hooked around mine while we sat at a table.

Turning my head, I watched as the Russian Aelbank mafia boss walked across the other side of the room. It was hard to miss him. Aleksandr exuded confidence and power, not to mention his signature grey suit and black shirt fit him impeccably as always.

Shaking my head, I replied, "Don't let your husband hear you talking like that..."

"Meh! Dom will get over it."

I wanted to argue, but I knew that Jade often did things just to get a rise out of those around her. She was playful and sadistic in ways I still could not believe at times, and even after knowing her more than four years, she still managed to surprise me.

Returning my gaze to look down at her, I pleaded, "You know where you're concerned Dominic would burn the world to the ground. Alliances be damned..."

Beaming, Jade said, "Right? Makes me horny just thinking about how reckless he is! But don't worry, I'll behave tonight. I'm just going to harass Aleksandr about his decision concerning Litizia. I'm almost positive that he's going to say yes."

"Well, if anyone can convince Master Aleksandr to get married, it would be you," my lips twitched at the thought.

Even though it would be an arranged marriage, Jade and I were silently hoping that their situation would evolve into something more. I had come to love Aleksandr like family and I wanted nothing more than for him to be happy with a woman who could truly love and appreciate him.

Litizia was a nice girl. From the few brief times I had interacted with her, I felt like she was perfect for Aleksandr.

Of course, no one wanted to be forced into an arranged marriage, but I felt that if one were to have a fake husband, a man like Aleksandr would not be a bad option. I did owe my life to him and I would forever be grateful for how he had helped me.

The sound of Jade's giggle brought me out of my thoughts.

"Once I'm finished with Aleksandr, we'll work on your situation. As a matter of fact, where's that sexy Russian of yours tonight?"

"Sergey isn't mine..." I stated.

"Not yet!" Jade countered wiggling her eyebrows.

Inwardly groaning, I complained, "Remind me again why I confessed my feelings for him to you?"

"Because I'm your best friend and if you didn't tell me, I would have tortured it out of you eventually?" Jade answered sweetly, batting her lashes.

"Ugh! I know your heart is in the right place, but I just don't see it happening. I'm perfectly happy to continue ogling him from afar."