Ch. 17 - Jerk Chicken Tacos

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"Don't ever apologise for doing
something that feels good..."

- Sergey
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 17 - Jerk Chicken Tacos

▪️N A T A S H A▪️

It has been confirmed.

I was in love with Sergey Antonovich Gorky.

He had left his jacket in the car and the sleeves of his black shirt had been rolled up to his elbows, exposing those beautifully tattooed forearms of his. His dark hair was in its usual top knot but it was not his good looks that had my attention.

From the moment he entered into my apartment, my eyes were glued to him, or more specifically, to what he had in his hands.

I watched the tall and brooding yet handsome Russian walk into my kitchen and my mouth gaped open when I realised what lay hidden in the familiar-looking food bags he had brought.

"You got me tacos from my favourite truck?" I squealed.

Bringing the containers out on to the kitchen island, Sergey paused to look at me as he asked, "Yes, the jerk chicken tacos from Fusion Tacos are your favourite, right?"

The slight trace of hesitation in his voice was startling to hear.

For as long as I had known him, I had never once heard Sergey sound uncertain of anything.

Even if there was nothing romantic behind his gesture, the fact that he had remembered my favourite food and wanted to get it made my heart feel so full. Simply because, even if he wanted to deny it, Sergey was a good man underneath all the blood and violence.

I was so happy that I found myself wanting to push away from the counter to run around the kitchen island and hug him. However, I knew that doing such would more than likely make him uncomfortable and cause him to leave.

So, I simply shook my head excitedly while smiling and answered, "They are! I'm just surprised that you were able to get any at this hour. Usually, he's sold out and preparing to head home by this time."

With a faint grunt for an answer, he began looking through one of the upper cupboards even though there plates out on the kitchen island where I had placed them earlier. I felt that maybe Sergey was trying to avoid looking at me as when he did respond using words, what he had to say made my eyes go wide as my smile faltered.

"I may have persuaded him to stay open and make a few extra."

"Sergey..." I frowned while I questioned him, "Don't tell me you threatened Mr. Montoya? He's such a kind and gentle man, I can't believe that you would do such a thing!"

The sound of the cupboard door slamming closed reverberated loudly through the kitchen causing me to unwillingly wince. Before I knew what was happening, Sergey was walking over to stand directly in front of me.

His sudden presence had me nervously licking my lips as my irritation quickly died to be replaced with an unexpected burst of desire as the scent of his cologne hit me.

When he raised his hands to rest on either side of me against the counter, I found myself trapped between his strong hard body and the smooth granite surface. All previous notions left my head as my hormones took over any logical behaviour.

God he was gorgeous, I thought.

The heat emanating from him seemed to bleed into me, teasing against the bare skin of my arms and legs as he stood there. I visibly gulped while his eyes slowly traced over my body.