Ch. 5 - Embrace The Rub

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"Ask me if I give a shit..."

- Sergey
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 5 - Embrace The Rub

▪️N A T A S H A▪️

I exhaled softly and kept my eyes forward.

Not wanting to think about the look that Sergey had given me a few moments ago, I refocused my attention on the various rows of cars parked in the unground parking lot.

"Seriously, Natasha. You know that I'm all for a woman being armed and able to protect herself. But you really need to be careful on how you draw your weapon; especially when pointing it at my head!" Sergey suddenly said.

"I thought that you were a man who enjoyed living on the edge?" I joked, trying to hide how reckless I had been.

Huffing softly, he replied, "Perhaps, but I'd prefer to have an open casket funeral if you don't mind..."

Nodding, I apologised, "You're right; I am a bit tense today. I promise to be more careful."

"How come you're heading out so early anyway? Didn't you have a client to entertain tonight?" Sergey asked.

I wanted to pretend that the tightness in his voice was due to jealousy.

But given the rising tension surrounding our interactions recently, I figured that he was probably just disgusted with the increased number of men I saw on a daily basis over the past few months. Although, whenever I thought about it, that reasoning never seemed to make much sense as I knew that Sergey did not have a problem with my line of work.

However, the more I thought about it, the more I felt that Sergey had a problem with me as a person.

In fact, I noticed that his attitude towards me had changed about a year ago when the incident with Markus had occurred.

The Swedish businessman was someone I had been tasked with seducing in the hopes of extracting intel from him. Regrettably, the night had taken a turn for the worse when Markus had tried to force himself on me and I was forced to bite his throat in self defense.

Thankfully, Aleksandr always had some form of surveillance in the hotel rooms.

When Sergey had burst through the door a few moments later, I was sitting on the edge of the bed with my dress ripped open down the front while Markus lay on the floor, bleeding. Sergey had taken one look at my half-naked body and his mouth curled in a snarl before he aimed his gun and shot the Swede in the head before storming out of the room.

I did not understand why he had been so upset and I was too afraid to ask. In the end, I simply assumed based on my own observations.

Perhaps he really was repulsed by my profession. After all, he never slept with any of the women who worked for Aleksandr. Or maybe just the thought that I had almost ripped a man's throat out disgusted him.

So engrossed in my thoughts, I did not realise that I had not answered his question until Sergey said my name.

"Natasha?"

"Sorry!" I responded then added, "My date for tonight was cancelled, Aleksandr gave me the night off. In fact, he gave me the next three days off, a reward I suppose for all my hard work this morning."

"Ah yes! I heard that you had a successful meeting. Good work..."

I thought that there might have been a strange tone in his voice, but I pushed the thought aside and simply said, "Thank you."