Ch. 34 - The Big Day

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"I love the sound you make
when you shut up."

- Jade
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 34 - The Big Day

▪️N A T A S H A▪️

My skin tingled with excitement as I looked out of the large floor-to-ceiling window.

I gave a silent thanks for the beautiful weather we would be having. Even though this day had been chosen knowing that the forecast predicted clear skies, where mother nature was concerned, one could never take things for granted. Litizia and Aleksandr were having a gorgeous garden ceremony for their wedding in the backyard of an elegant villa and I smiled knowing that things were going to be absolutely perfect.

It felt so surreal as I realised that today was the big day!

I was upstairs in one of the large bedrooms getting ready. With Jade and I both being Litizia's maid of honour we wore matching outfits. I felt really beautiful in the light grey V-neck halter dress and the way our hair had been pinned up, I knew that we would take some amazing pictures together.

Glancing over at Litizia, she was still wearing her white robe and I watched as she got the final touch ups on make-up before it would be time to help her put on her dress. The excitement I felt about getting to see her in her wedding dress, one would think that I was the one getting married.

It was hard to imagine that we had only met a couple of months ago, especially since I felt as though I had known Litizia for many years.

Not to mention planning such a lavish wedding in just a few short weeks. But with Aleksandr's power and resources, anything was possible. Although, I was not blind to the impact of having the support of a few dedicated individuals.

Jade wanted things to be perfect for Litizia, and between Hannah and her, well, let's just say that no one was foolish enough to try and mess anything up.

As I turned my attention back to the window, I resumed admiring the view, finding myself awed by what the wedding planners had been able to achieve in such a short amount of time.

The backyard of the villa had been stylishly decorated for the wedding ceremony and reception. Hannah and Mikayla had definitely outdone themselves where all the wedding preparations were concerned and I could not wait to see Litizia and Aleksandr get married.

I had to hand it to the two women, they really knew what they were doing. Especially Hannah, who had taken Litizia's vision and made it into a reality; when Litizia had seen the space earlier this morning, I remembered her bursting into tears while holding Aleksandr's hand.

It had taken everything within me to not glance at Sergey who had been standing nearby.

I would be lying if I said that I had not though about what a wedding would look like with Sergey waiting for me by the altar. It was easy for me to picture him in all black, and I just knew that he would look amazing in a peak lapel double vented jacket.

Feeling my heart begin to race, I pushed the thought away.

Letting out a contented sigh, I appreciated the way in which the white chairs for the ceremony had been arranged in a semi arch. Beautiful flowers had been placed everywhere, with copious amounts of white rose petals covering the walkway of the aisle leading up to the altar. A large resort style pool provided the backdrop which had an impressive floral arch above it. Behind the pool was a Grecian style garden with a water fall and just to the left of that a grand elegant white marquee tent had been set up where the reception would take place.