1.4

Grand Corps Malade, Camille Lelouche
-
Mais je t'aime

'On s'est aimé plus que tout, seul au monde de notre bulle
Ces flammes nous ont rendus fous
On a oublié qu'au final, le feu ça brûle'

1995
Before Eira could enter she thought back to two weeks ago, to their fight.

It was late, normally he would be back already. Eira was sitting on the sofa. She looked tired, this morning she had once again been faced with the fact that she wasn't pregnant. Her faith in her body was slowly deteriorating.

He wasn't home much and when he was he was distant. He spent his evenings in pubs, drinking away his disappointment. The door clicked, meaning he had returned from his night out. Eira got up to meet him, but he avoided her gaze. She went to give him a peck on the cheek,and he wrapped his arms around her.

He smelled of alcohol and cheap perfume. She recognized the smell immediately and she let go of him, 'Were you with her?' it was so soft, almost a whisper but he heard her. 'I don't know what you're talking about.' 'Come on, you reek of her perfume. Please don't lie to me, not today.' 'If you're so convinced, what does it matter what I say?'

Eira started to feel tears well in her eyes, 'I can't do this anymore. I can't keep waiting for you to come back. I'm so tired. I'm tired of feeling like I failed you by not being able to carry your child. I'm tired of seeing you run away from me and your responsibilities as my husband. When we were in that chapel, you promised to cherish and love me. But I cry myself to sleep every night alone, while you're out there doing God knows what. So I'm asking you now, do you still love me or even care about me? I need to know. And if you don't, I'm asking you to let me go.'

He didn't even look at her but immediately walked towards the bedroom. He grabbed a bag and started filling it with his belongings. 'So you're just going to run away?' he ignored her screams. She pushed him, 'You're such a coward, just run away when it gets hard. It's what you're good at anyways.' He stopped what he was doing and turned to her, within a second he had her pinned against the wall, one of his hands wrapped around her throat.

'Must I remind you I ran away for you. I knew what I was risking, I was willing to die but I stayed for you.' 'Maybe my life would be a lot easier if you had died.' He let her go and she almost fell to the ground, 'It's settled then, I'll disappear. It will almost be like I fucking did.' Eira knew she wasn't ready to lose him just yet but before she could stop him he already apperated away.