2.7

Evan Rosier

Evan Rosier

Man! I Feel Like A Woman! - Shania Twain

'The best thing about bein' a woman is the prerogative to have a little fun.'

1978

It was the day of the party and Marlene had been keeping busy decorating the Ravenclaw common room. She had roped Eira into decorating as well, and she wouldn't admit it but she was really enjoying it. They were right on schedule, thankful that they had magic on their side. 'Well that's that. I think all that's left is the alcohol. Which my brother should have when he finally makes his way here.'

It was as if Jeremy could hear his sister's impatience because it was just then that he entered the room. For Eira it was a strange sight to see him here, even though he had only graduated two years ago, it was like a lifetime ago.

'Well, talk about the devil and he will appear. You better have brought all that I asked you for otherwise you are going right back through that door.' 'Not after we struggled so hard to solve that horrid riddle.' From behind Jeremy Sirius appeared. It was no surprise that he had been the one to sneak Jeremy into the castle, Eira could say much about the man but he is really good at scheming.

'Thank you my love, much appreciated.' Marlene went up to her boy-, well whatever Sirius was of her and gave him a quick peck on the lips. Jeremy finally looked Eiras way and gave her a strange look, 'My love?' he mouthed in the hopes his sister wouldn't notice. She just shook her head and shrugged her shoulders. Marlene finally made her way over to her brother and gave him a hug,

'Thank you to you too, my favourite brother. At least till I need Grant for something.' Jeremy returned the hug while simultaneously rolling his eyes. As Marlene went to take the bag full of alcohol with help from Sirius, Jeremy made his way over to Eira.

'Hello Eira.' 'Jeremy.' Eira felt strange around Jeremy, she knew they had their past and she was lying if she said she felt nothing for him but at the same time she was still thinking of Regulus.

'That was quite cold. Are you annoyed with me? Don't worry, I made sure to get you some elderflower wine, I know it's your favourite.' Eira took a seat on the couch, quite tired from all the decorating, Jeremy followed her lead and ended up next to her.

'No I am not annoyed, I just have a lot on my mind right now.' Jeremy placed a hand on her knee, 'Maybe a party is just what you need. Tell me, what will you be wearing tonight? I would hate not being able to find you.' Eira looked at Jeremy's hand and thought of removing it, but it felt quite nice. No harm in indulging a little, he would be gone tomorrow anyways.

'What I will be wearing? Now that is a great question. Let's just say I at first definitely did not approve of your sister's choice of outfit for me.' Jeremy turned more towards Eira and thus his hand moved further up her leg. He was sending shivers over her body and it honestly was getting harder for Eira not to completely give into him. She needed to remind herself that Marlene and Sirius were right behind them.

'Come on, make it a little easier for me. Just give me a colour or something.' Eira was in a daring mood and placed her own hand on Jeremy's leg, maybe a little too high.

'Where is the fun in that?' She can see Jeremy was surprised by her directness and her hand placement. A small smirk appeared on her face and she got up from the couch making her way to Marlene and Sirius. 'So what still needs to be done?' she asked. From the couch Jeremy needed a second to process whatever just happened. Tonight would definitely be an interesting one.

As the night fell the older students in the castle were busy with getting ready for Marlene's Masquerade. In the Slytherin common room Regulus was sitting with Evan in front of the fireplace. In both their hands a glass of firewhiskey.

'Did you hear about the party Ravenclaw is throwing?' Evan asked Regulus.

'Ravenclaw is throwing a party? In exam week?' Evan laughed,

'Maybe that's their way of being smarter than us, they just make sure we're hungover.'

'Well I didn't hear about it. Not that I make it a habit to hang around Ravenclaws.' Lie. 'Who's throwing it anyways?'

'I think Mckinnon, but not sure. Why do you want to check it out?' Regulus didn't know if it was the alcohol but he was feeling reckless. He knew he and Eira had said to keep it casual but he couldn't keep himself from thinking of that kiss. She really put a spell on him.

'I don't know, would they really be wanting us there. You know, with us being Slytherin's and all.' Evan took a sip from his drink

'Oh I don't think it would be that big of a problem. It's a masquerade.' Regulus made a decision then, 'Let's go check it out then.' Evan was surprised by his friend's sudden interest in the party, but nonetheless was interested to see where the night will take them.

In Eira's room Adeola and Zaina were helping her to put on her dress. This turned out to be a two man's job quite quickly and Eira secretly cursed Marlene for choosing this wretched dress. 'Zaina I need you to pull tighter.' Adeola said out of breath while pulling on one side of Eiras corset.

'She won't be able to breathe.' Zaina said, not willing to be an accessory to murder.

'Right now I can't either. And anyways, breathing is irrelevant, we just have to make sure she looks good for Marlene's brother.' At the mention of Jeremy a blush crept onto Eira's cheeks.

'I am, by the way, still mad at you for keeping that piece of information to yourself. That man is gorgeous, capital G.' Adeola added. Zeina laughed,

'Eira is blushing, I have never seen her act like this.'

'Girls could we get this over with.' Adeola and Zaina smiled at each other,

'Let's do this then. In one, two, three.' At the same time the two girls pulled on the corset strings and Eira let out a screech. One thing was for sure this was going to be a bitch to take off. A small knock came from outside the room,

'Are you guys okay in there?'. Eira recognized her best friend's voice and quickly opened the door.

'Just dandy. These two just popped me into this bloody dress.' Marlene gave a small clap while Eira twirled around in it.

'You look beautiful, I will be honest I thought you were either getting murdered in here or getting a good.. Well let me not finish that thought.' Eira softly slapped Marlene on her arm.

'You look gorgeous as well, capital G.' Eira turned to Adeola and winked at her.

'So girls, ready for this party?' Marlene asked,

"Never been more ready.' Eira said.

'Well I would beg to differ, you guys are missing these.' from a bag four beautiful masks appear. Marlene gave one to each girl, finishing with Eira.

'Even though you did not want to wear this dress I am happy you did, because this mask goes perfectly with it. You are going to blow everyone away.' Marlene placed the mask on Eira's face and tied it behind her head. As Eira looked in the mirror she had the weirdest feeling, a sense of calmness overcame her. Whatever happens in that scary big world out there she hoped she could cherish moments like these. What a blessing it was to go through girlhood. A most interesting way to start the night. 

A.N. 

i am scared of writing the next chapter. also I changed evan cause the other one creeped me out.