His Tragic Story Part 16

"I know we've only known each other for a few months... but I can't help but like you. Do you... feel the same way...?" He questioned.

"..."

I didn't respond. Instead, I shifted my gaze to my fingers, fiddling with them. "I do feel the same... I don't want to hurt him..." As I glanced at the ground, still fumbling with my fingers, my face saddened.

I have to stop hurting myself like this. No matter how much I like him, I can't.

I made my choice... I couldn't take the chance of getting hurt again. "Even though he seems to be kind... what if he isn't...? What if he's the same as Iseul?" My thoughts were racing with what-if questions.

I was just going to tell him no... we shouldn't date.

I glanced back up at him. His expression had changed. He seemed sad this time, as if he was about to cry. It was as if he knew I was going to say no.

"Joon-ho-"

He cut me off before I could ask him what was wrong. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have asked. We're better off as friends... I should have known you didn't like me." Those tears he held in poured down his face as he sobbed.

After seeing him like this, I felt so broken inside. My heart began to ache after seeing him cry like that. I felt compelled to say something. "You're wrong! I do like you..."

He suddenly stopped crying and stared at me, "H-huh? T-then why did you give me that look?" I then lowered my head and stared at the ground.

"I'm afraid that if I get into a relationship again... I'll get hurt. I promised myself I wouldn't get into a relationship anytime soon. I'm not sure if I'm ready yet..." I slowly glanced back up at him.

His expression changed once again. His tears had gone dry, and he was staring at me as if I was dumb. " Oh. Then you should have just said that. Making a grown man cry like that. You should be ashamed. "

I couldn't help but stare at him in shock. How the hell did his expression change so quickly? "What the hell...? Weren't you just crying? "

"Yeah, well anyway, I wouldn't hurt you... but if you're not ready, we should just stay friends." He smiled softly.

For some reason, I put a lot of trust in his words. "Should we...?" I kept debating whether or not we should date.

My heart began to race frantically, and I became extremely hot. "Fuck it! Let's just go out!" I let out a loud yell.

My words... attracted a lot of attention. Everyone was staring at me, startled. Not just them, but Joon-ho as well. "Ahem." As I glanced around at the people who were startled, I cleared my throat.

"D-do you really mean it?" Joon-ho shouted as he jumped up from his seat.