His Tragic story Part 29

Since then, a year has passed. I'm currently 30 years old! Max and I decided to get married this year on his birthday, June 10th. About 4 months from now!

We're still planning our wedding. Because we've been so busy these past several months, it's been difficult for us to fully plan it. Fortunately, we're almost done planning.

Apart from that, things between us were still going well. We've been happier than ever.

Max was driving us home when he abruptly stopped to pay a visit to Hwan at his home. When we arrived, he parked in front of their house. "Huh? I thought we were going home. Why're we here?" As I watched him unbuckle his seatbelt, I asked.

"Um... I'm just gonna see Hwan right quick." He said.

This was odd, he didn't tell me he was gonna see him earlier. He would usually tell me beforehand, so I found it a bit strange for him to suddenly come here. "Oh, okay." I unbuckled my seatbelt.

He jerked his head back and fixed his gaze on me, anxious.

He paused for a bit before responding to me. "Please stay here. I'll be quick." He stared at me, waiting for me to respond.

It took some time for me to respond. I was taken aback when he said that. "Why's he acting like this?" I wondered as he waited for me to say something.

I didn't say anything. I just smiled and responded with a simple nod. I wasn't hurt or anything by it, I was just a bit confused. This is weird, especially for him.

He returned the smile and pinched my cheek before getting out of the car .* Haa I sighed. As I watched Max approach their house, I placed my arm on the car door armrest and rested my head on my balled fist.

I kept thinking about Max's expression before he left. Something was bothering me when he looked at me that way. But I could be overthinking things. I don't want to jump to conclusions.

I waited in the car for over 30 minutes. "He said he'd be back soon..." I was starting to burn up in here. And I couldn't turn on the a/c because he had the keys with him.

"It's too hot in here..." I flapped my shirt back and forth, thinking.

I couldn't stand it any longer. In this tremendous heat, I felt like I was going to die.I got out of the car and approached the house.

I knocked on the door, and to my surprise, Max opened it. "Why'd you get out of the car?" A frown emerged on his face all of a sudden.

"It's too hot in there. I couldn't turn on the air conditioning because you had the keys..." I said.

"Sorry..." He took my hand in his and drew me inside. I observed inside the house when he pulled me inside. I was surprised to not see Hwan inside with him. Instead, it was Bom and some other guy standing beside her.