His Tragic Story Part 38

It's Sunday.

 I've grown tired of the feud between Max and I. The jealousy and arguments and  just won't end. It's so messed up that he won't accept that I'm trying to move on with my life. He expects me to still be his even though we've already broken up. I want to move on but he's holding me back. 

As much as I want to let him go, he won't let me.

I'm so sick of everything. This feeling's bothering me, and I want to get rid of it. The only thing that could come to mind was the bar. 

Alcohol seems like the only thing that can stop this feeling. 

Once I stepped inside, I didn't care about anything anymore. Whatever happens, happens.

"It doesn't matter anymore..." I tell myself as I sit down on a bar stool.

I ordered a few drinks but they weren't enough to get me drunk. I kept ordering more and more. It didn't take me long to get pissed drunk after ordering so much. I was on the verge of passing out. 

But I needed to go home. I took a cab here. 

I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts. 

"Myles..." 

I see his contact and call him. 

The phone rang a few times. . He didn't answer. 

I called him again. 

Finally he answered.

I can hear him slightly panting from the other end.

My head bobs as I press the phone against my ear.  

"Hey... can you... p-pick me up. I'm... at the bar. Near ***" 

He takes a while to respond. "...Sure." 

It sounded like he was uncomfortable. "I'll be there soon." He hung up. 

I stay seated and wait for him. 

But... 

There's a guy sitting beside this lady. She looks young, possibly in her 20's. She seems uncomfortable around him. He keeps offering to buy her drinks. And she keeps refusing. Her refusal only makes him push harder and harder. It got to the point where she just agreed to the offer so he would stop bugging her. 

As the drink was being made, she went on her phone. She seemed to be texting someone. The bartender slid the drink across the table to the man. While the lady was on her phone, the guy who ordered the drink examined it. From his pocket, he pulled out a small bag filled with white powder. He carefully poured it into her drink while she wasn't looking. 

"Here's your drink~" He slid it to her. 

She looked up from her phone, with a sigh she turned it off. She picked up the drink. 

"Don't drink that!" I shouted, stopping her from taking a sip. 

In a state of confusion and fear, she stared at me.

I was still pissed drunk and on the verge of passing out. Shouting, "Th-that guy spike your drink...!"  Slurring on my words, I stood up. 

The guy played innocent and looked at me as if I were crazy. 

A look of guilt filled his face as he said, "I didn't spike anything!". He's nervous. You can tell he's lying. 

The lady sat quiet. Completely silent, she couldn't speak a word. Knowing that feeling, I spoke up for her.