His Tragic Story Part 23

Today, I received a call from Mr. Yang. He informed me that he was on his way here. I found it odd that he arrived at this hour, as it was still way too early. However, I ignored it and got out of bed and got ready as usual.

It took him only thirty minutes to get here.

I dashed towards his car as soon as I saw it pull in and got in. "Hello, sir." I closed the door shut behind me and began buckling up.

Mr. Yang didn't say anything. "Hm?" I quickly shifted my attention away from my seatbelt and over to him.

He looked horrible. He had black circles under his eyes and looked extremely tired. "A-are you all right?" I flinched and gave him a worried look.

"Hm? Uh... yeah. I'm fine." He tried, but failed, to smile.

My heart ached to see him in this state. "Sir, I'll drive, you look really tired." I unbuckled my seatbelt and prepared to leave.

With a rapid shake of his head, he drew me back by my arm. "I'm fine, really. I am capable of driving." He made every effort to stop me.

But I'd feel bad for letting him drive when I know he's exhausted. "No, you won't be able to. If you drive in this state, we might get hurt... I'm not going to risk you getting hurt." I gently removed his hand from my arm.

"But-"

"No buts! I'm driving. If you won't, then I'll seriously be mad at you." Before he could continue his sentence, I cut him off.

It went dead quiet after that. He then frowned and nodded his head.

We both exchanged seats after that. "You can sleep while I drive. I'll wake you up when we arrive."

"Alright..." He closed his eyes and quickly dozed off.

"He'll be working later... should I get him a coffee?" I wondered as I started driving.

I decided to go to Mom's Café and get a cup of coffee for Mr. Yang.

⁐««❤❤❤»»⁐

As soon as I walked in, Mom's face lit up, and she ran to the front desk. "Mom!" I, too, dashed to the front desk. "What brings you here~?" She beamed.

"I only needed to get a few things. Huh? Are you the only one here? What happened to the others?" I gave her a puzzled look.

Her arms folded, her lips puckered, and her brows furrowed. "Those little punks aren't here yet." She pouted.