His Tragic Story Part 25

Entering my house, the first thing I see is Mom standing right in front of me with an evil grin on her face.

Chills ran down my spine when I saw her standing there like that. "I'm screwed..." I gulped. I gave a deep frown in pessimism as I closed the door behind me.

She was staring at me like she had a lot to say, but she was holding it in.

It was as if my feet were glued to the floor, and I couldn't even walk past her! We just stood there in awkward silence by the door, starring at each other.

My heart stopped when she opened her mouth slightly. "You stayed there an extra day?" Her grin grew wider, and her lips trembled.

I was at a loss for words. "Umm... Y-yeah..." I gave her a frightened stare.

The more she stared at my frightened face, the more her lips trembled. She looked as if she was going to burst into laughter. "Ahem...! Y-you may pass." She tried her hardest to keep her composure.

"... Eh...? I-is that all?" I wasn't expecting that at all. I thought she would tease me.

"Hm? Yeah... go." She moved to the side to make space for me.

"That's strange... I thought she would tease me. " While walking past her, I thought to myself.

As I was entering my room, I sent Mom the photos I took at Max's house. "Hehe, she'll probably freak out over this." I shut the door behind me.

She had already read it less than a second after I sent it to her. "Huh?" She sprang into my room, huffing, all of a sudden.

I stood there, stunned, staring at her. "Ivan...! You...!" She walked towards me, stomping her feet and huffing loudly.

My eyes and mouth enlarged as I watched her approach me. I was so scared that I wanted to cry as soon as I saw her come up to me. She then grabbed my arms and shook me. "Holy sh*t! You definitely secured the bag!!! "

"W-what...?" I said, feeling both confused and scared.

"Your boss is filthy rich! Some of his décor doesn't even look like it's from Korea!" She finally stopped shaking me and squeezed onto my arms tighter.

When she said that, it reminded me of when Max told me that he liked to travel. "Actually, it's most likely not from Korea. He told me he liked to travel." I said.

When I said that, a wide grin spread across her face. "Y'know... I think he actually likes you. I don't think anyone would let someone inside such a house unless they liked them." She loosened her grip on my arms.

She always tells me this. Every time she does, it seems like she's desperate. It's like she wanted me to go out with him. Of course, it's not because he's wealthy, but for a different reason... though I'm not sure what that reason is.